Main Menu

Jock Team-up 2021?

Started by Proudhuff, 19 September, 2020, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

" More than 50 different traders will feature at the event, including a series of guest appearances from writers and artists from Marvel, DC, Imagine and 2000AD Comic."

It says here.
DDT did a job on me

Trooper McFad

I'd be up for that take me away from next years fringe for a while. (If on🤞🏻)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dandontdare

Perth? Oh yeah, I'm in ... maybe this could lure a certain fish from transatlantic exile?

flip-r mk2

Working that weekend  :'(

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

GordonR

Expectations about this need to be managed. The BGCP events are basically comic marts with cosplay, face-painting etc.  They're what passes for a comic con in places like East Kilbride, Dunoon etc.

Jim_Campbell

Looking forward to seeing all those creators from well-known publisher "Imagine".
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Quote from: GordonR on 21 September, 2020, 07:44:21 AM
Expectations about this need to be managed. The BGCP events are basically comic marts with cosplay, face-painting etc.  They're what passes for a comic con in places like East Kilbride, Dunoon etc.

To be fair we seldom get out of the bar area. Also Perth is equidistant from every point of civilization, so the Furryboot Brigade and even Rich could traipse down for the day, altho the trains out are few and far between on a Sunday, I know that from visiting my brother ::)   
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Next year they have a dozen of these spread from Gala to Oban... still any excuse for a peev!

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Given the lifting of (some) restrictions, what's the consensus of meeting up for a pint FCBD or Perth?   
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

I will say yes! Deffo!

Then bail.
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

I have one or two gaps in my diary (read : hunners) so please say the day!

Dog Deever

Perth eh?
That's that big roundabout cum bus station in Southshire, just past aw the hills where only strange people live, aye?
I might be able to make it- though the daft midweek date might end up being a problem depending on work (though it's a short Megabus trip so it could still work), therefore I shall tentatively say 'Yes' with the inevitable possibility of an eventual 'No'.

After the last couple of Glasgow 'events'  I attended, my expectations are barely at the dizzy heights of sea-level, being somewhere between Atlantis and Sculptor's Cave. Still, it's better than my hoose which only has cheap food, tasteless decor, bad TV and ill company but fabulously noisy music.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

sheridan

I had a look at some of the "comic-cons" which had cropped up around where I used to live (East Anglia - so Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire).  The fact that comic creators are actually mentioned in that Perth announcement makes them more comic-oriented than the ones I looked at.  It was (literally) all about the cosplay and film tie-ins.

Proudhuff

Given that the Perth con on in the last weekend of August, you'd think there would be some more info kicking about the interweb by now... evidence perhaps of the GRennie's droids lack of faith?

How about we say Perth on saturday 28th August 1pm in a boozer yet to be named....

Now who's in?

Build it and they will come!

DDT did a job on me