Main Menu

Rebellion 2023 offerings.

Started by Tjm86, 07 July, 2022, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Down The Tubes has started a listing for next year's Graphic Novel offerings from Rebellion. Granted provisional and no doubt subject to change.  However several on the list are definitely ones I'd be going after.

Another hardback Strontium Dog (perchance this presages an extended run covering all tales ...), the colourised Halo Jones as an Omnibus and Fiends of the Eastern Front as a 'deluxe' edition (hardcover?  please ...) running the full gamut from Ezquerra to the recent Kendal.

Pandora Perfect gets her own volume, suggesting that is a character doing well, as does the ubiquitous Case Files.  Plus assorted Treasury volumes.

Hopefully the next Trigan Empire will make an appearance as well shortly.  Certainly there is plenty here to whet the appetite.

Happy days indeed.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just to say, I like Pandora Perfect. It's fun. Not all strips need to be bleak.
Lock up your spoons!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

dan200

Only one Judge Dredd Case File all year? There were only 2 in 2022 as well.
I hope this list is incomplete, or we'll never catch up to the present at this rate!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dan200 on 14 July, 2022, 03:53:00 PM
I hope this list is incomplete, or we'll never catch up to the present at this rate!

To be fair that could be the plan?

Leigh S

How far behind are the case files now?

broodblik

Quote from: Leigh S on 14 July, 2022, 05:12:25 PM
How far behind are the case files now?

The next case files will cover prog 1408 (2004) to 1436 (2005). It will be released in the beginning of August. Yes, so it is about 18 years behind.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Pretty sure it's two or three a year. We've already had one, another in August, and I think there's one in November.

Dash Decent

Quote from: dan200 on 14 July, 2022, 03:53:00 PM

The list is incomplete. We've only got info for 2023 up to about June or July.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Lawman of the Present

From recent memory the Case Files have been pretty consistent at two-three vols annually. Like Colin says, releasing the tentpole strip as a complete collected edition too close to release may tempt some to trade-wait, so I doubt they'll ever catch up fully. They already release the major stories as collected editions fairly promptly.

The CF are catching up, but the speed reminds me of half-life decay. As soon as the CF hit the Meg it became roughly two books per year's worth of content, so we need at least three per year to gain any ground whatsoever.

I'm curious as to the progress on the suspected third Daily Dredds, it's been ages since I read anything about it. Also curious to see if we'll see an Anderson Psi Files 6 anytime soon.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Rogue Judge

I'd happily purchase Dredd Case Files quarterly. 4 volumes a year would be perfect, as we could slowly gain on recent stories. No less than 3 for sure...I devour the case files <3

Also, I would love to see a 3rd volume of Daily Dredds!

Dash Decent

I don't think that Rebellion want to catch up.  Keeping roughly x years away from the present day means they can release new stories as standalone trades for those that don't want to wait, then again in Case Files for everyone else.  If the Case Files were fairly contemporaneous, then no one would buy trades (other than a very small group enticed by special edition hardcover releases).

Rebellion are a business and the more times they can sell content they've already paid for then the more that they can keep going.  We are seeing over and over various titles that have been released in black and white softcovers coming out in partial or full colour, and/or hardback etc.  I have no problems with that.  I'm also extremely grateful to Rebellion for acquiring the rights to so much of British comic history and for making The Leopard from Lime Street, Sweeny Toddler, Badtime Bedtime Stories etc, available.  I don't see these being reprinted over and over so essentially being able to repackage Halo Jones or whatever is what helps ensure we can see these other magnificent titles too.

But yes to Daily Dredds vol. 3 and Psi Files vol. 6!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sheridan

Even though I prefer comics originally created in black and white to remain so, I'm all for them being coloured, as it aids those with some impairments to read them (dyslexia springs to mind, though that relies on the text boxes, balloons and bubbles to be coloured in, which generally doesn't happen).