Main Menu

Durham Red / Strontium Dog timeline

Started by cidervampire, 07 November, 2023, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cidervampire

Hi
I'm currently rereading Strontium Dog and I'd like to slot in the post prog 1785 Durham Red stories. I'm a bit OCD in trying to read stuff in chronological order. Has anyone any ideas where these stories are set in relation to the Strontium Dog strips?

Funt Solo

The 'Nobody Wants This Job' Job seems to be pre-Bitch, post-The Ragnarok Job. It has Johnny meeting Red for the first time, but he's alone. It seems unlikely that it's pre-Wulf, but who knows?

The Calling (SFS20) - in the contents page it suggests this is part of Dabnett's future-Red arc, but the story seems more like the bounty-hunting era Red.

The Judas Strain (2K40th) is post-Bitch, as she's teamed up with Alpha and they know each other well. I'd place this pre-Final Solution because it looks like classic Alpha as opposed to new, grumpy, resurrected Alpha.

Born Bad has Red as an ex-stront, and with a different look. The last episode has the S/D agency reopening. Does this position the story after Final Solution?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

cidervampire

Cheers

I did a bit digging and the Ghosts story in the 1994 Winter Special says she became a SD in 2169. Wulf is in the Job story and it's stated this is Durham's first day. As Wulf arrived in the future in 2170, I guess Job is set in this year. Ghosts shows Durham is under the age limit of 18 to be a SD and someone says she looks 15 so maybe she has to wait a few more years before she could go to the Doghouse?