Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 December, 2023, 12:59:00 AMYou can tell me honestly guys - do my pics look big in this?

I've posted a couple of things today.  Is it just me or do they look HUGE?

If it's not just me I'll resize the future ones.
Looks good on my phone

Le Fink

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 December, 2023, 06:49:08 AMFantastic triple bill this morning we are be spoilt.
We are... two funny cartoons from Dash (very good, keep 'em coming) and a stunner from Andy. Cor. Nice use of red there too!

Le Fink

And thanks for the compliments, much appreciated! It was fun to draw. Good to give the old droids a go. I was thinking Ginger-Dredd man, Dash? Thinking about it a layer of snow over the logo and holly would be good. Aargh must stop now!

JohnW

Dash –
So now we know were the Sterhammer Silencers come from. I should have guessed.
I may not be as delightful, delicious, or as decent as you, but if you can double up, then so can I, dammit.
No one tries to displace me in Trooper McFad's affections.

Simon Harrison or Leonardo Manco – whoever you are, you killed Andy Lambert and stole his identity, didn't you?
Didn't you?
You might even have got away with it if your vanity hadn't prompted you to post on the Advent calendar.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JohnW on 04 December, 2023, 07:32:21 AMNo one tries to displace me in Trooper McFad's affections.

😂😂😂😂

After the help you gave for last years Advent you will forever have a place in my affections ❤️🎅🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

What a great pile-on today!  JohnW, a fantastic and funny idea, with just the right picture to carry it.  But Andy, what can I say but "Wow!"?  I look at your artwork and then mine, and weep.  (Let's face it, I look at my artwork and weep anyway!)  What an amazing drawing, and a fantastic use of colour.  In fact, the artwork is so stunning it was only on the third look that I noticed there was a speech bubble to read.  Honestly.

-- Dunce Decent
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Le Fink on 04 December, 2023, 07:24:18 AMI was thinking Ginger-Dredd man, Dash?

Oh, I like it!

And not forgetting The Ginger-Dead Man, a Cursed Earth strip involving a mysterious burnt gingerbread man who has forgotten who he is.

Quote from: Le Fink on 04 December, 2023, 07:24:18 AMThinking about it a layer of snow over the logo and holly would be good.

Very much the requirement for any Fleetway/IPC comics at Christmas!  If you want to, why not?  I'm sure everyone would be happy to see the next iteration.  But only if you want to - the holly looks festive enough on its own.

(Thanks also for letting me know about the picture size.) 
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 December, 2023, 08:29:06 AMWhat a great pile-on today!  JohnW, a fantastic and funny idea, with just the right picture to carry it.  But Andy, what can I say but "Wow!"?  I look at your artwork and then mine, and weep.  (Let's face it, I look at my artwork and weep anyway!)  What an amazing drawing, and a fantastic use of colour.  In fact, the artwork is so stunning it was only on the third look that I noticed there was a speech bubble to read.  Honestly.

-- Dunce Decent

Your are art work is as good if not better than mine - it's the scenario/scenes that is the genius. Shit hot art like others produce wouldn't work for these wee shorts. Please continue to entertain us 👍🏻🎅🏻

JohnW

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 December, 2023, 12:59:00 AMYou can tell me honestly guys - do my pics look big in this?

I've posted a couple of things today.  Is it just me or do they look HUGE?

If it's not just me I'll resize the future ones.

Just right for a phone.
Perhaps a little too big for a PC monitor.
Nowhere near large enough for billboards.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

Just catching up on these and there's some great stuff here. Love that you're keeping this alive McFad!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Quote from: JohnW on 04 December, 2023, 07:32:21 AMNo one tries to displace me in Trooper McFad's affections.

Oh man! I thought this guy was really soft, but it turns out he's hard.  Hard as nails.

And that, friends, is the difference between soft Ware and hard Ware.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 December, 2023, 12:31:14 PM

Oh man! I thought this guy was really soft, but it turns out he's hard.  Hard as nails.

And that, friends, is the difference between soft Ware and hard Ware.

😂😂😂😂

Very good

I'm sure there's a tax waiting after  that Dad joke 😂😂

Trooper McFad

Unbelievable- 5 in one day and they are all great.

Glad you're feeling well enough to do your pic Vector. But have you been a bad boy doing this during your work time!!

Have we peaked too soon😳 hope not

Well done and thanks everyone 👍🏻🎅🏻

Colin YNWA

WOW!!! I'm occupied with stuff for the day and the Advent Calendar goes into overdrive.

Magnificent work all round. Let's keep it up folks this is amazing!

Vector14

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 December, 2023, 04:23:49 PMUnbelievable- 5 in one day and they are all great.

Glad you're feeling well enough to do your pic Vector. But have you been a bad boy doing this during your work time!!

Have we peaked too soon😳 hope not

Well done and thanks everyone 👍🏻🎅🏻

Not 100% but feeling much better today thanks.

Some great work today from everyone who stepped in.