Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

RIP Ed Piskor, an excellent comic creator.

A friend forwarded the suicide note to me this morning. I regret reading it.
Heartbreaking on a human level.

karlos

It really is.

The whole thing is just awful.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

sheridan

Lynne Reid Banks, 94 - author of children's books (including one I did at school - The Writing on the Wall).

Grey M@a

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 April, 2024, 08:39:21 AMRIP Ed Piskor, an excellent comic creator.

A friend forwarded the suicide note to me this morning. I regret reading it.
Heartbreaking on a human level.

Issue being is Alex DeCampi, a 2000AD contributor is actually named in his letter as one of those who drove him to kill himself but no one seems to be saying anything about it, nothing from Rebellion or 2000AD themselves, guess they are hoping it will just go away.

I think ECBT2000AD covered it on one of their podcasts but thats about it.

I am guessing more will come out about it if all alligations are taken up and investigated, just a sad state of affairs that the internet police jumped on it and led to someone taking their lives.

Too many keyboard warriors and they have no idea what they say can actually affect someone on the other side of the screen.

Funt Solo

So try and recognize the irony of your own post, in all love.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

Art

Pickoff named people pretty much at random, and then an entirely predictable parade of opportunistic creeps picked that up as a banner to harass those people online. I'm not entirely sure what kind of statement 2000ad would make other than "we are aware of the parade of opportunistic creeps" or what benefit to them there would be in doing so.

Link Prime

Quote from: Art on 11 April, 2024, 05:43:48 PMPickoff

The guys only been in the ground a couple of days there, Fart.

Fuck me.
RIP this shite.

Art

Autocorrect was not helpful there, apologies for missing that.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Grey M@a on 11 April, 2024, 10:16:19 AMI think ECBT2000AD covered it on one of their podcasts but thats about it.

God, but they're just poisonous.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 April, 2024, 11:12:01 PMGod, but they're just poisonous.

(Forum needs a 'like' button.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Feel a little that this thread might stray into some rather disturbing territory if we're not careful. If nothing else is does highlight that the currently blended social and legacy media spheres are reacting in dangerous ways. 

Trial by (social) media is becoming too commonplace.  It is leading to tragic consequences too often. Ultimately only a handful of people know what really happened.

Perhaps something best left alone other than acknowledging the passing?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 April, 2024, 12:57:11 PMPerhaps something best left alone other than acknowledging the passing?

(Forum needs a 'like' button.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.