Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Yeah, I loved Flashback (not a sequel, but same developer). Was quite shit at it though - could never get past level 3 so just used to play the first two levels over and over.

I bought the follow up, Fade To Black, on PSX. It was pretty mind-bogglingly hard and confusing. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7kzKG4-kxI

Rog69

I've just bought the team Ico collection for the PS3. I never owned a PS2 but I always wanted to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus and now they have been released together on one disc and updated to run on the PS3 in HD.

I've played about 45 minutes of each so far and they are both terrific games, I have a couple of minor niggles with the camera and the lack of a proper save system on both games but that aside they are great.

Keef Monkey

Me and my co-op buddy finished Gears of War 3 the other night, and I have to say I'm pretty blown away. The story was the usual Get The Thingumy So We Can Use It To Wipe Out The Thingumys that every Gears has been essentially, but after playing through this war for 3 games I was actually really invested in what happened to the characters and was desperate to see how the war concluded itself.

It also looks stupendous and the actual campaign gameplay never lets up, it's just brilliant moment after brilliant moment. I guess that's what having your game delayed by a year for marketing purposes does, that year must have gone largely into just polishing the thing until it gleams. The multiplayer is also compelling and enjoyable in a way I've never found CoD or Halo, and I'm pretty hooked on it and will be playing for a while yet.

I'm a big Gears fan, and this is easily the best Gears game, very happy with it!

Keef Monkey

Played through Dredd Vs Death in it's entirety yesterday as part of my 24hr marathon. I always quite enjoyed it but time has not been kind to that game! It broke on me a couple of times too when progress was halted by scripted events not triggering, plus I got locked in the Fear boss fight with no ammo and there weren't any pickups :( I still reckon Rogue Trooper holds up brilliantly though, so I'm not ragging on Rebellion.

Still, it was short and meant I could get some 2000AD into the marathon. It went really well thanks to a bunch of mates keeping me company for chunks of it (Borderlands, L4D2, Gears 3) and I attempted to play through Resident Evil from start to finish from midnight onwards but come 6am I still hadn't cracked it. That game is way more obtuse than I remember, or my mind was just going by that point.

Bit gutted I failed that particular challenge, but raised £305 so pretty chuffed with it overall :)

Zarjazzer

Well done Keef Monkey on your marathon!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Ghastly McNasty

Started Dead Island today. Only playes for an hour but it seems really cool. Looking forward to getting proper stuck in

Professor Bear

Rage - terribly disappointed by this.  It looks great, but invisible walls, poor design, and zero investment in your character (no levelling up, XP system, modification options, not even any motivation or story beyond "wake up and do stuff just because") cripple it.  It could have been epic, but as it is, it's either a massively flawed shooter or one really dumb RPG.

Devons Daddy

Currently on GOW3 which was a brillant purchase, and enjoying Mass effect 2, as i wish to remind myself of its brillance before ME3 in the new year,

this is due to the fact i see, BATMAN,Assasins Creed, and MW3 taking up rather a large amount of my spare time in the coming weeks.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

SpetsnaZ99

Playing Rogue Trooper on my mac at minute thanks to Wineskin for that.
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

judge cooper

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 09 October, 2011, 12:33:24 PM
Played through Dredd Vs Death in it's entirety yesterday as part of my 24hr marathon. I always quite enjoyed it but time has not been kind to that game! It broke on me a couple of times too when progress was halted by scripted events not triggering, plus I got locked in the Fear boss fight with no ammo and there weren't any pickups :( I still reckon Rogue Trooper holds up brilliantly though, so I'm not ragging on Rebellion.

Still, it was short and meant I could get some 2000AD into the marathon. It went really well thanks to a bunch of mates keeping me company for chunks of it (Borderlands, L4D2, Gears 3) and I attempted to play through Resident Evil from start to finish from midnight onwards but come 6am I still hadn't cracked it. That game is way more obtuse than I remember, or my mind was just going by that point.

Bit gutted I failed that particular challenge, but raised £305 so pretty chuffed with it overall :)
well done on your marathon and there is a law master shotgun inbetween or behind the buildings during the fight
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Mardroid

I downloaded Knights of the Old Republic last night. Quite an old game now, I know. (My computer wouldn't take the more recent games anyway.) I'm still very early in the game, but it's proving quite enjoyable so far although I'm finding the controls a little unusual to get used to. As selection is based around the mouse, I'd have preferred them to have based movement around it too, (i.e. click the floor destination or map in a WoW style) but it's not too awkward when you get used to it.  Much as I like games with special powers, etc, I find the shere amount to choose from (I'm basing this on the manual, I don't have much yet, having just started)  a bit daunting, but I'm sure it won't be all that complicated.

davethomson

Currently getting my ass kicked at Dark Souls and loving every minute of it! :D
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Devlin Waugh

Fifa 12, can't stop playing it.

brendan1

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 October, 2011, 02:34:50 PM
I downloaded Knights of the Old Republic last night. Quite an old game now, I know. (My computer wouldn't take the more recent games anyway.) I'm still very early in the game, but it's proving quite enjoyable so far although I'm finding the controls a little unusual to get used to. As selection is based around the mouse, I'd have preferred them to have based movement around it too, (i.e. click the floor destination or map in a WoW style) but it's not too awkward when you get used to it.  Much as I like games with special powers, etc, I find the shere amount to choose from (I'm basing this on the manual, I don't have much yet, having just started)  a bit daunting, but I'm sure it won't be all that complicated.

KOTOR is absolutely fucking marvellous. I can't comment on mouse issues, because I played it on the XBox.

Just wait until you finally get your grubby mitts on a lightsaber. Lordy!

mogzilla

spider man end of time ...not bad not great but something i can play in the earshot of mini...