Main Menu

Not a god of drawing but with practice, perhaps, a cherub...

Started by Dog Deever, 24 July, 2010, 11:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 25 July, 2010, 12:53:29 PM
Very good Dog Deever. A lovely smile and lovelier curves. What more could you want?  :)

For a nice change, it's not the big curves you often see in comic books either. (Or maybe they just look that way being viewed front on.)

Not that I dislike big curves, it's just nice to see a girl of different proportions. If that makes sense.

A lovely picture.

Zarjazzer

it really is a lovely, evocative pic. great stuff -strange to regard some graphite on  paper as "beautiful" but she is.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dog Deever

Thanks all.
Answers to questions and observations- gaaah now I have to think!

QuoteThe hands, also the undoing of many a pencil-monkey
It's not often you can get hands reasonable without too much problems- I'm no expert but sometimes I think that it's got more to do with the actual angles you portray- sometimes they just look wrong whatever you do- I suppose it's just a microcosm of design in general. Luckily this one worked out ok, I wish it was like that all the time!

Lucy Pargeter? I dunno who she is- never watch soaps, they drive me up the wall. A quick google reveals..

I suppose there's a slight resemblance, but she has a longer face and perhaps larger eyes, with a differently structured nose- especially the end of it. Of course, I did use photo references for a few of bits and pieces.

I usually try to avoid drawing massive tits and narrow waist like you see in comics, mainly for the same reasons IAMTHESYSTEM says. I mean, it has it's place and all, but I wanted a more natural looking figure.

Quoteand you can even tell she's not wearing a bra!
hahahahahahahah! Great!
I was actually pretty concious of that as it happens, I didn't think push-up bras were around then so I reasoned that a high, in yer face cleavage would be unlikely (unless she was wearing a bodice of some sort). A lot of female warriors bound themselves almost flat because swinging a set about while in action could be painful- in the same way modern athletes use proper sports bras to minimize mid-swing jiggling. But I didn't want her to end up looking like a ladyboy!
In a mood of self-doubt about the blank patch above her shirt top, I very nearly changed it to give her a bit of a cleavage.

So yes, Cosh- you can think of them as unfettered under that flimsy shirt...

QuoteYeah, that's nice, now GET BACK TO DRAWING STRIPS FOR ME YOU SHIFTLESS PROTO-DROID!

Fuckin hell- busted!
Wait a mo- 'PROTO-DROID'? I've been promoted! Working on it- I did it on me breaks, guv, honest injun!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.