Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 January, 2015, 04:25:17 PM
On the 9th of April, less than four months from now, this thread will be five years old.
I think we all deserve a pat on the back for not killing each other or setting fire to the internet.

My word.  This thread has the same birthday as me.  Would that I was 35 years younger.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 January, 2015, 03:08:48 PM
My word.  This thread has the same birthday as me.

Err, and apparently me as well. 

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

The Legendary Shark

Dear unwashed masses,
No, you can't have any extra money to upgrade the NHS, social housing, education or care for the elderly (in fact, these things already cost too much so there are going to be cuts, I'm afraid) but you must pay me at least £15bn - £20bn (or maybe up to £130bn if certain sources are to be taken seriously) to upgrade Trident so we can nuke hundreds of millions of human beings.
Now stop complaining and get back to work, these weapons won't pay for themselves, you know.
Your loving overseer,
Dave C.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

I'm not really convinced Dave, Barak, Enda etc are our overseers: more like glove puppets for the money. Merkel seems the only western leader in control of her remit. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

We all know it's benefit fraudsters who are soaking up the country's cash, and not expensive nuclear programmes with no practical purpose beyond keeping certain companies with numerous ex-ministers on their boards rolling in lucrative government contracts for the next decade.

ZenArcade

With that dumb, braying, 'facilitator', fuck HRH Andy right at the front of them at the annual Davos swill fest during the week. It just warms the cockles and all that jazz. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

It doesn't matter what you think because I'm not listening. I have to go and suck up to the newest Saudi Arabian tyrant. Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone - that's my job.
Dave.
P.S. That reminds me, I think you should all be forced to buy domestic fire extinguishers from my friend Mr Chubb. If you don't I'll have no choice other than to allow another of my friends, Mr Churchill, to ramp up your insurance premiums. I'll tell you all about it when I get back. D.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

This King Abdullah bollocks marks the last time I'm going to feel ashamed about DeValera's letter of condolence on Hitler's death.

Well, probably not, but sheesh, what a disgrace nonetheless.

The Legendary Shark

Bloody predictive double posting >-(
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Quiet, you, or they'll turn our oil off and stop buying our warplanes and cities...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 January, 2015, 09:51:09 PM
Quiet, you, or they'll turn our oil off and stop buying our warplanes and cities...

You do have to wonder what the point of the western world is if we have to play courtier to a regime like Saudi's in order to keep the lights on.  The idea that QE2, a woman who, for all the bizarrities of her existence, drove an ambulance in the war against Hitler, could countenance flags at half mast over her home for a dynasty that forbids women to drive and tortures people weekly for what they write.  Tell them to sort themselves out or piss off, and let the consequences play out.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Has Shark finally cracked and now thinks he's David Cameron? I've heard of people thinking they're Jesus or even Napoleon, but that gormless puddle of effluvia? Get well Shark.
You may quote me on that.