Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 August, 2016, 09:17:07 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 14 August, 2016, 06:16:55 PM
spume

Giggle
Settle down at the back!

And aye, reading back over that last post of mine I haven't a clue why I was being such a cunt, Sharky! I knew full well the circumstances of your eviction and sympathized as the time, still do. Haven't a clue what I was on yesterday so apologies due I believe.  :-[

TordelBack

Thank grud for the Art Comp thread, or I wouldn't know if I was online at all.

The Legendary Shark

No harm, no foul, Hawkie. Let's show that nasty art thread how to behave with civility and decorum :-D
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Kind of surprised Tom Watson/The Guardian's recent red scare stories about Trotskyist spies infiltrating UK politics have gone unnoticed by the political thread.  I would have thought this kind of batshit tinfoil hattery would have been right up our street.

ZenArcade

Evening Comrade Bear. No need to sweat it, JC 's got it in the bag (sitting in an over crowded train with his fellow travellers (no pun) didn't hurt). The Guardian has turned into a 'lick spittle' mouth piece for the entrenched establishment on this issue....shame, shame.
Long live the ideals and aims of international Trotskyism.
Comrade Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

The Legendary Shark

That really is a worrying turn of events. This kind of information undermines just about everything all right-minded people everywhere believe in - the whole foundation of the modern intellectual, moral and financial matrix could crumble to dust as a result. I for one find it intensely worrying and fear for the future of our independence and sanity to discover that you read the Guardian...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

I thought the whole point of the Trots was that they infest every political or public body, gaining influence and power, and generally biding their time. I'd be very surprised if the Labour party doesn't have the usual small allowance, but the idea that this is any different from any other interest group or low-profile lobby in politics is what fascinates me.

Hawkmumbler

Wasn't this article from The Guardian the entire plot to Heil Ceaser!?

Grugz

in other news radical cleric clam chowdery has been got...and about bleeding time.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

And yet Tony Blair, who, based on a harvest of lies, invited support for attacking a whole nation in parliament and all over the media, remains free.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Old Tankie

Wow!  This wasn't supposed to happen!  Retail sales up almost 6% year on year, unemployment claim count down in July, cheaper mortgages for millions of people, Stock Market doing well.

Grugz

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 August, 2016, 10:48:31 AM
And yet Tony Blair, who, based on a harvest of lies, invited support for attacking a whole nation in parliament and all over the media, remains free.

patience my young(ish) padawan
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Old Tankie on 18 August, 2016, 10:38:20 AM
Wow!  This wasn't supposed to happen!  Retail sales up almost 6% year on year, unemployment claim count down in July, cheaper mortgages for millions of people, Stock Market doing well.
Retail sales up from lows and still not great. Companies noting forward forecasting remains horrific, especially if we end up without single market access. Unemployment claims now harder, and more people forced into zero-hours or unsustainable freelance. Mortgage costs not being passed on by all banks, and any savings offset by rising fuel, food and consumables prices. Sterling still in the crapper. And this is still not a response to leaving, just the UK's intention to.

So counting chickens seems premature. If it all works out, great. But right now, those sorting the exit doesn't even know what the hell they want, and nor, seemingly, do a great many people who voted out.