Main Menu

anyone got the last 3 months issues of Comics International?

Started by chris_askham, 21 December, 2004, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Anyone got the last three months issues of Comics International?

If so, can you check the small press reviews and see if there is any mention of Sponge #3. I haven't had chance to get down my local comic shop in ages, so if they printed a review, I've missed it.

And if they didn't review it they're bastards.

Cheers.

Chris.

paulvonscott

Erm, bought em and passed em on.  I may have seen a review for Sponge 3, but I can't really remember.  Sorry, I'll ask someone who has them.

ukdane

CI #176 Oct 04 - No mention in Reviews
CI #177 Nov 04 - No mention in Reviews
CI #178 Dec 04 - No mention in Reviews
CI #179 Chr 04 - No mention in Reviews

Sorry- there appears to be no mention of it.

Cheers

-Daney

chris_askham

Thats fair enough (the sods!) - thanks for checking ukdane.

paulvonscott

They get much more stuff to review than they can ever fit in I've heard.  Saw your ad though!

If anyone here hasn't read Sponge, it's a lot of fun, very strange and slightly disturbing.  There are three issues, I'm sure Chris would be willing to sell you some!

Art

I'd second that, Sponge is great. Smallzone may still have some copies, though Chris might prefer you to buy direct from him.

Link: http://www.smallzone-comics-shop.com/wierd.htm" target="_blank">Smallzone

House of Usher

They get much more stuff to review than they can ever fit in I've heard.

They can only print the reviews they get sent by their reviewers, and I don't think they often turn them down for reasons of space.

The way it usually works is the Comics International reviewer goes to his/her local comics shop or convention, buys comics, takes them home, reads them, writes reviews, then sends them to Comics International by email.

I'll happily review any freebies I get given, but in two years of reviewing, that's only happened 3 times, and 2 of the people who gave me free stuff didn't even know I was a reviewer.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Erm, anyway: in summary, I usually review only what my own wallet will stretch to.

:)
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

Ush: You are going to get soooo much mail from Small press boarders next year!

Would you like a copy of Whistler? :P

Bolt-01

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Dudley

How about Futurequake (Issues 1-3 Box Set Edition}?

Bolt-01

chris_askham

Heh, many thanks to my Marketing Dept for the big hype.
Cheers Paul and Art.

Chris.

chris_askham

If they only review the stuff they buy at CI, then I'd be interested to hear what happens to all those comp copies that get sent in for review purposes. A one way ticket to Dez's waste paper bin, perhaps...

Chris.

House of Usher

Well, they never get sent to me, that's for sure.
STRIKE !!!