Main Menu

what do you do on Sunday?

Started by chris_askham, 15 December, 2003, 06:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Every Sunday I seem to get absolutely bugger all done. I've spent most of today trying to work on a 4 page strip which seems to have taken months, and still looks crap despite several re-workings. My baby daughter seems to be developing yet another nursery related illness. And I've managed to piss my girlfriend off throughout most of the day by complaining about the wretchedness of my life. I've noticed that this pretty much sums up every Sunday for as far back as I now remember. Anyone out there have really good sundays?

longmanshort

Really good Sundays?! Are you insane!?!?! Do what the rest of us do - piss it away with too much bad TV and spending time on here!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Devons Daddy

i work on sundays.
they end to be the busiest day of the week.

but if i do get away early i try to go out for dinner at some road side alfresco night place or other.nice end to the day. not fancy but decent food.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Adrian Bamforth

Watch the inspired "Dick & Dom in Da Bungalow" in the CBBC Channel, or tape it for consumtion at a sensible time of day.

ADE

Floyd-the-k

I used to work 7 day weeks and I went crazy in that job. After that, I vowed to have one day off a week and Sunday seemed like a good day to designate.
  Sometimes I go to church, then take my son to an enormous toyshop to play with the new toys. Sometimes I take him to a park where kids can use bicycles for free.  Once in a blue moon, I get up early and do a bit of work before anyone else gets up but I don`t sweat it, I just tell myself, sunday is a day for relaxing.  
  Oh and Sunday night we watch Thunderbirds.

good luck with the strip and your baby daughter`s medical problems.  They`ll pass.  How old is she?

cheers,

Floyd

The Enigmatic Dr X

I spent all day yesterday alternating between bed and the bathroom. Had a well dodgy curry on Saturday night that created the most unpleasant day. Even now my stomach is sore.
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

dodgy curry?
sounds more like samenola poisoning. chicken based, or botalinous seafood based.
its easy to not notice the slight tang of either in the spices of the curry.

though it may have been a combination of the 10 pints of alochol which proceeded the curry of of course.
if you had a very high tempature as well likely you had food posioning mate.
make belly very bad pizen thats what ratty and fink gave you.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

judge dreddd

did some work
went to the botanic gardens and found a sunny spot
walked around the town a little

went back to town later as gf wanted to do some shoppin

thats it

The Enigmatic Dr X

I had an extremely high temperature - sweat was lashing off me, and not just when I was on the bog.
Lock up your spoons!

Steamboy

40+ degree's C outside so spent the whole day cooling off in front of airconditioner and probably spewed countless tones of green house gasses into the atmnosphere thus heating outside up even more.... usually I do as above and just add recovering from sat night in there but boring weekend this week.

CU Krestel

Devons Daddy

without doubt there  Dr Xmas
food poisoning.
best thing to do drink lots of fluids and flat coke. pour out into jug and allow to stand for two or three hours add a few ice cubes.

eat sparingly and little often,you have the classic symptons.
1-3 hours after meal and
stomach cramps would make it seafood or canned food based,
8- 12 hours after meal with heavy perpspiration and liquidizer for a stomach = chicken based.

not a great sunday was it.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

HiEx

It varies from Sunday to Sunday. Some Sundays (like yesterday)the wife and I will just have a lazy day at home and watch some rental movies.

Other Sundays we'll go out somewhere and do something either with frend or by ourselves, such as go hiking, go to a BBQ, go to the beach or pool, go bowling, etc.

Luckily I only work a 5 day week, so I get both Saturday and Sunday off.

Hi-Ex

Mr C

I wacthed the amazingly brilliant Return to Oz, bringing back disturbing memories of my childhood. In fact it FUCKING ROCKS. Dude. I also finished the rough of my third future shock. Bahaha!
Rest of the day was crap though, spent it playing through Knights of the Old Republic on PC and slogging my way through my complete complete Judge Dredd collection.

So, it was actually wuite a good Sunday, come to think of it :)

Krustabi

Yesterday I typed up my coursework, but usually I lie around stuffing my fat face and playing computer games. I hate my life.

Mr C

Try going for an invigorating walk around the playing fields, having an ice cold shower, reading some patriotic poetry, going on a picnic with friends or family, going to a church fete, composing a forthright letter to a favorite periodical, read one of the clasics, grow a moustache, use that wonderful new contration made by Mr Bell to talk to aquaintances, polish trophies won at sporting pastimes or just sit on your arse, eat biscuits and wallow in your self-deluded teen angst bollocks.

All of these and more are wonderful ways of avoiding the temptation to -ahem- soil your good nature. Oh, and stay away from girls, they can lead young gentleman down the path of carnal self-knowledge and we don't want any of that round here now do we Krusty?