Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Criticisms of the latest episode, I can't agree with. Simply stunning TV, what they've done in 30 mins here is wondrous. Those buggers seemed to have created a zeitgeisty tale this time, boring in itself. How the parts related I did wonder about. And then, the payoff dawns...

No spoilers above. I avoid this thread till I've watched it  :)

Tiplodocus

Yeah but it didn't really "dawn" did it? The fired up a 10 million candle flashlight and directed it straight into your eyes.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

Series 6 and 7 have been commissioned.

Timothy

It was a good one to end the series. [spoiler]But the title was a bit of a giveaway [/spoiler]

pauljholden

cor. that was a good 'un.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Timothy on 09 March, 2020, 10:49:24 PM
It was a good one to end the series. [spoiler]But the title was a bit of a giveaway [/spoiler]
Yep. I guessed the 'twist' within the first [spoiler]few seconds. Talkative dead bloke with mouth full of blood, first thing he does, (chronologically), is tap on the window and asks to be let in and then it turn's out his name is Varney, for flip's sake. That's so unsubtle even I've used it, (first issue of Hallowscream, Grue Believers). Scenario totally confirmed by every single thing that's said and done afterwards.[/spoiler]

I'd recommend anyone who didn't guess what was going on to watch the episode again, because it was stoked full of clues.

Rately

Another fantastic series, and two more seasons? Spoiled!

TV of the highest quality.

Tiplodocus

Just reached TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTINE.

It still didn't make me cry. It made you cry. Not me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 March, 2020, 10:34:33 PM
Just reached TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTINE.

It still didn't make me cry. It made you cry. Not me.

Probably the single piece of TV drama that has stuck with me more than anything I've watched since childhood. I've only seen it once, and it regularly replays itself in my head.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2020, 05:56:31 AM
Probably the single piece of TV drama that has stuck with me more than anything I've watched since childhood. I've only seen it once, and it regularly replays itself in my head.

It's the sudden "Oh f**k" moment you have once it registers...stunning piece of work.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?