Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quotethe books should be dispatched tomorrow (18 Jan)
Hmm. Bets, then, whether the next lot will be dispatched on 1 Feb, as they should be, or 15 Feb, because that's four weeks after the delay?

moldovangerbil

I'd be astonished if it was 1 Feb for the next ones.  Incidentally, my account hasn't been updated today so I'll check again tomorrow to see if there's been any activity.

For a company whose core activity is sending books to people, Hachette seem to be really quite bad at sending books to people.

IndigoPrime

It is baffling. I just checked my account – nothing there. And it's now been 13 working days since I ordered those two other books. Pathetic, really.

IndigoPrime

"Issue 37 and 38 were dispatched today (18/01/2019) allow 7-14 working days for the issues to arrive"

No answer to my other two questions (regarding when the next two will arrive, and where the hell my other order is).

Dark Jimbo

Well as we suspected, ABC Warriors III runs from Hellbringer book II through to Carlos' Shadow Warriors book I. It's a real shame we've become stuck in this split-volume pattern for this series, but at least they're meaty ol' collections, and this one's a doozy - if nothing else, it's a veritable artistic smorgasboard!

No design foul-ups for once (I've stopped taking that for granted!) but the last page of The Clone Cowboys is still a pixellated low-res version, as it has been in every single printing since it first ran in the prog - guess the original version simply doesn't exist at this point.

Its got the usual great intro and afterword, both of which are frank about the behind-the-scenes backbiting that turned this era of the ABCs into such a curate's egg.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Looking at the future release schedule on the wiki and I've just realised that 50% of the unknown issues are Slaine volumes. Assuming all the info on there is correct (some is uncited so who knows) I think it's almost impossible to avoid having 2 months in a row where the delivery contains a Slaine volume.  That or there'll be a Slaine double bill one month (I kinda hope they avoid this as it's nice to have 2 different titles each month).  Wish they'd distributed these a bit more evenly through the run tbh.

I believe the other unknowns are mostly the remaining Strontium Dog books, a couple of ABC and Rogue volumes and Ichabod.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 19 January, 2019, 12:48:09 PM
Looking at the future release schedule on the wiki and I've just realised that 50% of the unknown issues are Slaine volumes. Assuming all the info on there is correct (some is uncited so who knows) I think it's almost impossible to avoid having 2 months in a row where the delivery contains a Slaine volume.

Oh crumbs, you're right! 16 'unknowns' and 8 Slaine volumes left...!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Pat Mills didn't think it too many!

Jade Falcon

Really, far too many Slaine for my liking. I've got a standing order with my newsagents and wish there was a way to skip Slaine altogether. IMHO there's far too high a proportion. Unless there's an extension I can't help but feel there could have been a bigger cross section of storylines.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moldovangerbil

Has anyone had their hachette account updated in January?  They told me that the latest books were going out on the 18th and the account is usually updated at that point, but so far nada.

IndigoPrime

athorist

I'm not so worried about the 8 Sláines, because a) it's the known volumes that I'm more excited about - even the two volumes of Cabalistics, after the epilogue story in the Xmas prog, and b) that's about 1 in 5*, so really there shouldn't even be every other month, except for when there's 3 issues in a month. But will that even affect subscribers when there's only meant to be one order each month?

*forgot about The Horned God, I was thinking it would be more frequent than that, but we've already had 4 books. I suppose they could change the order if there was an extension to separate the Sláine books more, but I doubt they'd do that, when for some people having no Sláine in the post-80 books would probably be a selling point.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Tomwe

The online portal is now showing my Transformers allocation from 11th January, but still nothing for 2000AD. An oversight or an actual problem I wonder...?

IndigoPrime

I suspect they're just being shite. I've asked my questions again, publicly and privately. I suspect I'll be ignored again.

EDIT: Amusing, got an answer seconds after typing the above. It is:

"Issue 39 and 40 will be dispatched on the 12/02/2019 ."

So by my reckoning that puts my subscription 11 days behind where it should be. I don't really care now. (I was interested in selling off a chunk of the collection, and so wanted issues early for that, but am now keeping them all.) Even so, it's astonishing that of every publisher that has a publication I subscribe to, this is the only one that can't seem to send books/magazines regularly.

(FWIW, I've been promised replacements for my missing order, which will "arrive by Friday". We'll see...)

IndigoPrime

To be fair, they're actually responding quickly today:

QuoteWe are still waiting for new stock to arrive we will send the issues earlier to go back to the proper schedule . there december holidays has delayed the subscription we are working on fixing that .

Long-time subscribers will remember they said exactly the same thing when they delayed everything for the covers volume. Still, who knows? But I'm seeing subscribers online who are already three issues behind getting a mite pissed off that their subscriptions have been delayed further. (I was one issue behind – maw two.)