Main Menu

I wrote some weird shit

Started by Hawkmumbler, 12 March, 2021, 10:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I wrote a book! Or more accurately, a small collection of weird fiction. REBIRTH AND OTHER ABERRATIONS is a small project I've been tinkering on and off for a few months and now its out in the wilds. Simon Coleby was kind enough to let me use an astonishing piece of work for the cover and if you've any interest in horror, supernatural, weird or the grotesque, you might get a kick out of a few of these.
https://gumroad.com/l/HBoCs

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The Legendary Shark

I don't have a bank account but I'll get a friend to buy it on my behalf - got support fellow scribes!

Best of luck with it, Hawkie!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 13 March, 2021, 10:12:55 AM
...and purchased!

SBT

Much obliged, good sir!

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 March, 2021, 10:21:16 AM

I don't have a bank account but I'll get a friend to buy it on my behalf - got support fellow scribes!

Best of luck with it, Hawkie!

Men in sheds living off the grid is actually my primary demography! I seem to recall you actually live not far from me so if A) Covid wasn't a thing and B) this was a physical book, I'd have cycled over and lobbed it at your door like some deranged post boy while blasting the International as I went by.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, I'd definitely pay two quid for that :D

When the crisis is over, maybe we could form a local writers' group - Scribes Having Existential Doubts, maybe...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Got my copy! Been looking forward to this Hawkie, well done for getting it out there.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2021, 04:03:29 PM
Got my copy! Been looking forward to this Hawkie, well done for getting it out there.

Glad you can finally read it Tordels! Be happy for any criticism from one so well read. :)

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 March, 2021, 12:04:55 PM

Heh, I'd definitely pay two quid for that :D

When the crisis is over, maybe we could form a local writers' group - Scribes Having Existential Doubts, maybe...?

'Grim Writers Up North'

Colin YNWA

Yep purchased and will get it read as soon as possible. Well done for getting something out. My novel remains almost there and has done for 10 years!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 March, 2021, 05:19:17 PM
Yep purchased and will get it read as soon as possible. Well done for getting something out. My novel remains almost there and has done for 10 years!

Too kind Colin, hope you enjoy and don't give up on that novel! I shall reserve a pre-order copy when the time comes.

The Legendary Shark

Damn right. Get it finished, Colin, then you can get started on the difficult second novel...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Got my copy. Looking forward to reading this in about 18 months when it reaches the top of the pile! It'll be a nice surprise.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 March, 2021, 09:48:18 AM
Got my copy. Looking forward to reading this in about 18 months when it reaches the top of the pile! It'll be a nice surprise.

Thanks Bolt, hopefully I'll have more out soon (watch this space, undergoing some interesting talks right now) and I'd be doing a disservice if I didn't give credit to the small press books and comics such as Something Wicked for their part in getting me into self publishing.

Bolt-01

Ah shucks! I tell everyone to just do it themselves, so it is great to see someone actually 'do' it.

Hawkmumbler

Surpassed 15 copies in sales. Might seem like small potatoes but I'm immensely grateful for any and all support, thanks the lot of you!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Bought! I'm trembling with fear already.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla