Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

JK Rowling loves freedom of speech and she will sue anyone who says otherwise.

Funt Solo

Did she actually sue or threaten to sue someone?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

von Boom

She's just gearing up for a run at high office now that her writing career is over.

von Boom

Spag-bol sarnie. Yea or nay?

JamesC

Quote from: von Boom on 09 July, 2020, 11:17:31 PM

Spag bol on toast. Bit of cheese on top, stick it under the grill.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: von Boom on 09 July, 2020, 11:17:31 PM

AMATEURS!

Spag-bol on folded goodfellas pizza toastie
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Where did all these fecking spambots come from?  They're dredging up threads from 20 years ago.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

NapalmKev

Quote from: tameragr4 on 11 July, 2020, 08:11:05 AM
Utter Hosreshit!

I don't like Spam! I'm not a big fan of Luncheon Meat either.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Smith

Quote from: Modern Panther on 08 July, 2020, 05:51:54 PM
JK Rowling loves freedom of speech and she will sue anyone who says otherwise.
What was it this time?

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 July, 2020, 11:42:40 PM
Where did all these fecking spambots come from?  They're dredging up threads from 20 years ago.

Aye, because no-one in these parts would ever do that would they?

So if you're fixing your iPod do you use ordinary Cheddar or would you go for a nice bit of Brie to entice out the lodged headphone jack? ::)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 July, 2020, 10:23:37 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 July, 2020, 11:42:40 PM

Aye, because no-one in these parts would ever do that would they?

I'm guilty myself, but to be fair to me I don't write in Cryllic when I do it. Uncle Vlad is watching us!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Whats new on the forum lads?
Just back from an informative visit to Skolkovo.

Funt Solo

Like a scab I can't stop picking, and I know it's unhealthy for me and I've got to stop, but I keep going to the Megaverse FB page and being annoyed with what's there. It's a sense that 2000 AD fandom is kind of eating itself - like, it won't be happy until it's completely undermined and destroyed the thing that it exists because of. Like an out of control parasite.

They're obsessed with typos in the prog, voraciously truffling for them and then having a feeding frenzy when they find one. As if making a comic is so fucking easy and making the odd mistake a crime against some kind of saintly, perfect reader who never makes mistakes but is only ever the victim of other people's.

There's so much ill will and deep, festering wounds between things like the ECBT podcasts and creators that it's causing well-meaning contributors to lose out to an ongoing fan / creator feud that I only partly understand but where, clearly, peaceful solutions are not being sought. So, a recent article on podcasts was advertised and then pulled from downthetubes.net, due to the inclusion of the ECBT. If, like me, you're more interested in the comic than the fandom-diaspora then you might not know that ECBT stands for Everything Comes Back to 2000AD, who appear to be at war with other fans of and many employees of the thing that "everything comes back to".

If you're female, and you appear on the Megaverse, then you can guarantee (cast iron, 100%) that you'll be sexually objectified, and that it will not be challenged.

I know, I know ... the solution is not to look. It's to find somewhere healthier to be.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

A typo...who gives a shit,who gives a fuck...

von Boom