Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Woohoo! The Xmas prog has arrived at last! And the one after it! That's me finally up to date (obviously no sign of this week's, but I wouldn't expect that normally anyway).

Leigh S

Either the Rigellian hotshot has worn off or Tharg has put me back on the naughty list, but thats a Tuesday Prog last week and only a hope for a Wednesday prog this week - it was nice while it lasted!

Barrington Boots

The Rigellian effect has definitely worn off here.. after the optimism of a couple of Saturdays the slide began - Tuesday, Wednesday and now this the postie has been and gone and no Prog today so it's Thursday at the earliest.
It's at the point where I don't even expect it till Wednesday, which is pretty rubbish.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Halo572

Due to 20+ years of postal damage whenever I tried to subscribe and random out of stocks on the website I have shifted from ordering from the website every three months to going to Smiths.

I can get there every two weeks so pick up every other 2000ad and every meg, making up the balance every three months from the website.  I would like to go every week, but it is not viable.

I wouldn't have depended upon a subscription for at least 20 years - even though I did try again a couple of years ago and it failed because of the damage - because of the way Royal Mail handles things, but now the service has deteriorated as well and there are strange print runs that mean random copies of 2000ad/Meg go out of stock.

My advice would be to get them physical if you can and if not reserve it from a newsagent.  If that is even possible as that was an 80s thing with the newsagent's mark.

I have a full collection and the anxiety of missing an issue and not knowing if I will get it on ebay or a damaged one I can't replace is more grief than going out to get it myself.  Which happened with Meg 440 for some reason.

Leigh S

I subscribe for the freebies and the discount really, though ahvng to buy copies when the sib doesnt turn up is eating most if not all of any discount

No prog by Friday here, which would suggest we are back into the Strike service, but as far as I can tell, there hasnt been anotehr strike in Feb? The RM website says they ahd to call off the one they had planned?

Whatever Tharg did a3 or 4 weeks ago, do that again!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Leigh S on 10 February, 2023, 06:40:06 PMWhatever Tharg did a3 or 4 weeks ago, do that again!

THis^^^^
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Well I had to wait a while for the first new size meg.  When the next one turned up I got in touch with the subs team who sorted it out in a heartbeat.  This is the second time I've had to do this because Royal Fail are about as good at delivery as the Tories.  Every time the team have sorted it out with impressive efficiency.

The Monarch

woooooooo back from the dead

2350 mia