Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Urban Strike vs Dandridge Rd 1 Heat 52

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 December, 2021, 06:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So we're well into the second half of the 1st Round and stats fans this week sees us cover 14.2% - 16.3% of the tourney over all... oh gosh... I wish I hadn't typed that... I'm sorry...

Two video game thrills here. Urban Strike was bizarrely based on a computer game about a helicopter. Dandridge even more bizarrely had a story with a ghostly Pac Man thing...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Urban Strike - more info

Vs.

Dandridge - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 10th December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

AlexF

This time, surely this time, we can get one of those long-expected whitewashes?
Urban Strike isn't the worst thing in the Prog by a long short shot, but it's a hard one to imagine having fans. If you like future swearing, or the work of Jeph Loeb* though, it's worth a look.

Dandridge, on the other hand, is excellent, and the only bad thing about it is that there wasn't more.

*The writer of bad Hulk comics and the excellent movie Commando did not write this strip, but it's a pretty close parody...

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Southstreeter

I'm in a minority here, clearly, but I quite enjoyed Urban Strike. It didn't take itself too seriously, and I get the impression the writer was taking the piss.
Dandridge was OK but always in the take it or leave it bracket for me.

NapalmKev

Nonsense Strike was one of the deciding factors in me taking The Long Walk back in the day.

Dandridge.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

Two mutherfunstering comedies - one, the tale of a brave Helicopter gunship crew's attempts to break the world record for Most Collateral Damage in a Single Mission and the other, the tale of a ghost dedicated to debauchery but continually interrupted by needy miscreants.

Urban Strike:

Dandridge:

Given that the first one is just a slightly veiled marketing tie-in, and the other has stupendous art and ended too early - it's kinda obvious but my vote goes to Dandridge.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

AlexF

I'm genuinely delighted that, so far, every single story listed has had a least one supporter, even if it's only beause they dislike/don't remember the other option.

It also occurs to me, and this might break Colin's sanity chip, but what are you gonna do about the NEW thrills that will hit the Prog even before we complete Round 1 of this Meltdown-Man-length Epic Tourney?