Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Armageddon vs Hunted Rd 1 Heat 53

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 December, 2021, 06:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

LAST DAY - VOTE NOW!!! Or don't, whatever I'll count up in the morning regardless.

Magnetica

Can't really remember Armageddon and Hunted wasn't great. Not at the same level as Jaegir at all.

But I've got to vote for one, so

Hunted

it is.

I, Cosh

Two stories which take different approaches to explaining the unnecessary.

Hunted is a rare misfire from Rennie's Rogue canon..

Armageddon is an uninspiring prologue to a story that never actually happens.

No vote.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Close, close, close. Which surprises. Was it love of the art for Armageddon that carried the none story forward here? Was it some apathy toward Hunted. Either way this one was a lot closer than I (with my reputation for getting these things wrong!) imagined. In the end though it did go as expected as

Hunted

Makes it to the 2nd Round.

JayzusB.Christ

Hunted for me, please. 

Armageddon - I seem to remember it wasn't even supposed to be a Dreddworld story originally, but it was tweaked a bit.  I could be wrong there though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 December, 2021, 10:49:04 AM
Hunted for me, please. 

Armageddon - I seem to remember it wasn't even supposed to be a Dreddworld story originally, but it was tweaked a bit.  I could be wrong there though.

I think you're thinking of Al's Baby, which was turned in to a Dreddworld strip by adding a page at the start.  Seem to recall it was originally intended for Toxic! but wasn't accepted for that publication.