Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: The Tree of Life has resurrected another….

Started by broodblik, 06 June, 2022, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

This is another of those fantasy votes. If it is up to you which of the old classic titles owned by Rebellion, will you revive as a weekly title:
-   Crisis
-   Roy of the Rovers
-   Starlord
-   Scream
-   Tiger
-   Battle
-   Action
-   Battle Action
-   Buster
-   Whizzer and Chips
-   Tornado
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I guess if we need to distinguish between Battle and Battle Action I'll say

Battle Action

for Charley's War... though I'd also suggest we don't actually want Charley's War back as its done and should be left alone (as Rebellion seem to be doing wisely when it comes to new material). Its rather the creative brilliance and bravery it represents.

Huey2

Scream

I've never actually read a copy ( Although the 13th Floor and Monster were great). However, I think an all-ages horror comic would be something really new to find on the news stand.

AlexF

SCREAM!

Although I'm really intrigued by what a 2020s Crisis could look like.

CalHab

Crisis. It was very much of its time, but I think there's some interesting parallels and it could be very relevant today.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Scream!

It'd be Starlord, but that was so integrated in to 2000AD that there'd be no need.

Magnetica

My favourite is definitely Starlord, but the best strips in it were taken into 2000AD, so there would actually be little point. And of those, we are unlikely to see any more of the best two anyway (Ro-Busters and Strontium Dog).

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Of those listed, I couldn't possibly seriously choose between Scream, Starlord and Crisis. But I agree, there would be little point of a Starlord reboot- aside from Stront and Ro-Busters being the main draw and firmly 2000AD'd now, without it being printed on better paper than the prog and of a larger size, it wouldn't be Starlord. Not that I don't think Tharg should urgently change the paperstock and design of the current prog- because I do- and a prog the size and dimensions of, say, the current Beano, would be marvellous. Scream would be welcome if I thought that uk comics were crying out for a regular soft horror title, which I don't. Again, that one is largely nostalgia.

So CRISIS, because a strongly left wing woke and ecologically-minded "SJW" regular comic would severely piss off the morons- and is very much needed.

SBT

Funt Solo

Oh noes! Don't anger the morons!

Crisis, please, Bob. But not helmed by Pat, because he's gone a bit foil hat in his dotage - and tends to spout "facts" that, on even cursory inspection, don't hold water. A bit of a problem if you're trying to educate the readers.

The Tiananmen Square Massacre's anniversary was two days ago, and in Hong Kong there was a quiet protest where students were leaving tiny commemorative statuettes around their campus, which has had the larger statues removed by the Chinese-controlled puppet government.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

maryanddavid

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 June, 2022, 03:30:56 PM
My favourite is definitely Starlord, but the best strips in it were taken into 2000AD, so there would actually be little point. And of those, we are unlikely to see any more of the best two anyway (Ro-Busters and Strontium Dog).

Agree with this. If only we could get more Stront. However, I'd enjoy a war anthology so Battle Action it is.