Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

QuoteThe link is to its creation and I advise you, if you value your sanity, to watch with the sound off!
Good advice. The soundtrack is pure evil.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

Wow what a FANTASTIC addition to the calendar. Always loved Jake Lynch's videos but this one is extra special!

Trooper McFad

Just like to thank Jake Lynch, Jim Boswell, Mike Carroll, Arthur Wyatt & Rob Williams for their late submission.

It goes to show that the board's Advent is open to all levels.

P.S. the music on the link is catchy 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Seriously good stuff today!

I'm off on some travels tomorrow, so if I don't get a chance over the weekend, seasons greetings to all on this forum. You're a great bunch and a community worth being part of.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Stop that, Colin!
You're making the rest of us look bad.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Sharky, I didn't have time to read this but I read it anyway.
Carry on being legendary.

broodblik

I am posting a few 2000Ad xmas related drawings I "stole" from the internet
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Shark that's a Legendary tale for the ages and a fitting final day submission.

Colin nice to see your World Cup "doodles" what's going to distract you for next years Advent?

Broodblik I hope you don't get into trouble stealing those for the Advent but they are most welcome and cracking festive pic's

Once again a huge thanks to those helping make this a success 👍🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻.

I'll try and be on the ball next year and start the badgering the board in November

Take care be positive and have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Always believe next year will be better 🤔 🤞🏻

JohnW

Thanks to you, Trooper, for putting it all together.

Colin YNWA

Well that was magnificent wasn't it. Hopefully some more will come in today but overall simply magnificent effort all round folks.

Nice touch at the end there by Broodblik hunting down those Droid images.

The big thank you goes to Trooper McFad for not only keeping this venerable tradition alive, but making it such a glorious thing again this year.

If I had a hat on I'd doff it to you sir... but I don't ... so errr... THANK YOU!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 December, 2022, 11:15:43 AM
Well that was magnificent wasn't it. Hopefully some more will come in today but overall simply magnificent effort all round folks.

Nice touch at the end there by Broodblik hunting down those Droid images.

The big thank you goes to Trooper McFad for not only keeping this venerable tradition alive, but making it such a glorious thing again this year.

If I had a hat on I'd doff it to you sir... but I don't ... so errr... THANK YOU!
Quote from: JWare on 24 December, 2022, 09:54:34 AM
Thanks to you, Trooper, for putting it all together.

I couldn't have done it without my Elf's working hard in the background 👍🏻🎅🏻

JayzusB.Christ

Well, the 24th has been an absolutely brilliant day on the calendar.  Thanks, everyone.  Sharky, I will read your story, I promise!  Something to look forward to during a quieter hour over the Christmas period.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

Posted few more picture mostly old covers
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JWare on 24 December, 2022, 07:52:02 AM
Sharky, I didn't have time to read this but I read it anyway.
Carry on being legendary.

Does "Carry on being Legendary" equate to "Don't give up the day job"? :-D

Seriously though, thanks all - and thanks to everyone who made this Advent Calendar one to remember and yet another reason why this place is the bestest hangout on the entire interweb.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 December, 2022, 05:47:53 PM
Does "Carry on being Legendary" equate to "Don't give up the day job"?

Naturally, I took 'legendary' to mean a larger-than-life figure that is an inspiration to us all.
Why? Did you think I meant a grotesque monster that we use to frighten children but don't really believe in ourselves?
Ridiculous idea!