Main Menu

Meg 337 American Reaper: Pray it's not Positive.

Started by JUDGE BURNS, 15 June, 2013, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

Both the Meg and the Prog arrived today   :D

NIce dark cover by Clint Langley to bring in the final apisode of American Reaper.
The story finishes ona good twist and will return again next year.

The Dredd story brings us back to the Alien Zoo and what has happenend to the place since Choas Day.

The rest I shall read later..

Richard

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 15 June, 2013, 06:56:15 PM
Next month's supplement: Night Zero. WHY??!

Nothing wrong with Night Zero in my book, it's a good little tale.

Ghost MacRoth

So, on the plus side, American reaper has finished.  On the downside, it threatens to return in 2014. I do hope it doesn't.

Other than that, a decent issue, if a little heavy on articles and a tad light on comic strips.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

moly

Well American reaper was 18 pages this month hope they have some good stuff lined up for next month

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Buttonman

There is indeed a Dreddlines and a fine Proudhuff free one at that.

I thought Reaper finished OK with the last part at least readable - doesn't justify its massive page count for the baby steps the narrative takes each week however.

Leigh S

So, does Rian Hughes comments about Robo-Hunter deserve their own thread?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Leigh S on 16 June, 2013, 06:04:53 PM
So, does Rian Hughes comments about Robo-Hunter deserve their own thread?
Go on. What exactly did he say?

Leigh S

That Sam Slade wasn't Wagners finest creation, and was just Sam Spade with robots pasted on to make it sci-fi...

Ghost MacRoth

Sounds about right to be fair.  But it's the same as saying 'Star Wars' is just '633 Squadron' in space.  Yes, it is, but the changes make it rather good overall.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 16 June, 2013, 11:44:30 AM
There is indeed a Dreddlines and a fine Butt'man free one at that.

FTFY BM  :D

Sexy Ostriches...Why Tharg? I too screamed out Not again! when yet another [spoiler]member of the be-quiffed hero's family is taken, [/spoiler] so next year will be a re-run of this year but but the[spoiler] daugther instead of the son,[/spoiler] please Tharg, no more Jackie love stories, and if you can't get those photo's back from Mr Mills at least just show us the drawn storyboards for this, you know like comics, rather than the eye arresting foto-lurve storee style.

Elsewhere in the Meg: Dredd a okay Dredd Tale, not too sure four Judges would stand in a group like that just to make an easy target, would have worked better as a JD story without 'back-up' arriving, it would have fitted post DoC as well, still its not Sexy Ostriches.

Mr Hughes does a fine dame, and Soho Dives, Soho Divas looks right up my Serge Clerc street. And not a Sexy Ostrich in sight.

Dan Fran. nice splash page, but hey [spoiler]ANYONE shots a Judge they [/spoiler] are a target, non?

i know we were promised Jetpacks ages ago, but we were also promised Lilly MacKenzie about the same time, I for one would prefer that to Sexy Ostriches anyday. Make it so Tharg make it so.
DDT did a job on me

Slip de Garcon

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 15 June, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
So, on the plus side, American reaper has finished.  On the downside, it threatens to return in 2014. I do hope it doesn't.

I realise how little attention I paid to it that I didn't notice American Reaper had finished. It really is a one-trick pony, isn't it? Old people steal young people's bodies. Or should that be: 

O l d  p e o p l e  s t e a l  y o u n g  p e o p l e' s  b o d i e s.

...given the pacing?

Enjoyed both the Dredd and Francisco strips for the art more than the stories, but still both good.

Resurrection - I keep expecting it to be great, any time now, but never really grabbed by the previous story arcs.

As for the articles - interviews with Rian Hughes and Inaki Miranda made me realise a Meg with those two in at once would make me a happy boy. I think I'm the only person that liked Really and Truly, but then I was high as a kite pretty much that whole summer. And I enjoyed Miranda's regime change art a lot.

I even managed to read the whole history of Superman!

Proudhuff

eeek! forgot to say how great IN III was,[spoiler] 'How long was I dead?'[/spoiler]  made me laugh, and that last panel is a dooozie.

DDT did a job on me