Main Menu

FCBD 2024??

Started by Max Headroom, 29 April, 2024, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Does anyone know if there will be a 2000ad offering for FCBD this year? I have heard no discussion about it on the Internet, but wondered if anybody knows anything about if there will be, or if not, why? (I appreciate it is fairly late in the day, as the date itself is this Saturday).

IndigoPrime

I don't recall seeing Rebellion on any of the lists. No idea why. Although FCBD kept shifting the goalposts, coincidentally in a manner that appeared to stop Rebellion offering its comics that massively showed up the competition for the flimsy ad-filled pamphlets that they were, so that might have had something to do with it. Or maybe it's just not worth the company's while, in terms of the return it got from taking part.

Steve Green

Nothing 2000 AD but Monster Fun are doing a FCBD event at Gosh comics

Richard

Steve Green

FCBD at gosh

12 until 1

Maybe they've done their own sampler

rogue69

A couple years ago the people behind FCBD decided that there could not be any anthology comics so we lost things like 2000AD & the Manga comics which always had 2 stories in them

Here's the official list of what comics are available

https://www.freecomicbookday.com/Article/271476-Full-Line-Up-of-Free-Comic-Book-Day-2024-Comic-Books-Announced

Steve Green

Seems mad - there was a Regened 2000 AD last year.

Funt Solo

Quote from: rogue69 on 29 April, 2024, 07:31:40 PMA couple years ago the people behind FCBD decided that there could not be any anthology comics

Where did you get this info?

Thing is, last year 2000 AD put out an FCBD offering that is an anthology. So, if FCBD had disallowed it "a couple of years ago", then..?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69

I think it was mentioned in this forum a couple of years ago

Richard

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 April, 2024, 03:47:05 PMFCBD at gosh

12 until 1

That just says:

QuoteAnd to finish our kids workshop, at 12pm we welcome the Monster Fun crew, Rebellion's super spooky and funny kids comic with  Claude T.C., Ned Hartley and Ramzee!
It's clear that Rebellion isn't publishing an FCBD issue this year.

rogue69

The artist  Caspar Wijngaard,(Marvel Star Wars, Batman Detective Comics and DC's Knight Terrors) will be joining the 3pm signing

Steve Green

Quote from: Richard on 29 April, 2024, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 29 April, 2024, 03:47:05 PMFCBD at gosh

12 until 1

That just says:

QuoteAnd to finish our kids workshop, at 12pm we welcome the Monster Fun crew, Rebellion's super spooky and funny kids comic with  Claude T.C., Ned Hartley and Ramzee!
It's clear that Rebellion isn't publishing an FCBD issue this year.

Free comics are mentioned on the MF facebook page, now they may be unconnected - part of the official FCBD, or some old stock like the 'Fangtastic Preview' they did before launch, but free comics are mentioned on the official Monster Fun page.

Richard

I had another look at the list of titles I linked to, and they were in gold and silver categories, so maybe there's also a bronze category and Monster Fun is one of those?

I would have expected Tharg to mention that in the latest prog though, or on the website in the News section, but there's been nothing.

Steve Green

I don't think there's a bronze.

My guess is it's Rebellion's own sampler, not officially part of FCBD.

Monster Fun are also at MCM Expo later this month, so maybe they've done a run of them for conventions/events

Dash Decent

I'm far, far away but didn't see any sign of a "Monster Fun" issue.  Picked up a "MAD" magazine comic and my daughter chose the Snoopy/Peanuts title amongst others.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.