Main Menu

Preacher (TV Series)...

Started by Goaty, 18 November, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 March, 2015, 03:59:25 PM
Quote from: radiator on 25 March, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I love Gilgun in This Is England - a really charismatic actor. He should be great, just hope he nails the accent.
I guess Cassidy should have a bizarrely mixed-up Transatlantic accent, no?

Nah, he seems to have kept his inner city Dub accent in the comic all the way.  I re-read the whole series recently; for me it's always been marred by the fact that I fucking hate that self-important, judgemental, self-righteous bully Jesse Custer.  (I know Cassidy's worse, but I kind of enjoyed the bit where he [spoiler]punched Jesse in the chest and broke his ribcage[/spoiler].  Taste of his own medicine, I call it.)

But I'm really looking forward to the series, I honestly am.  The Saint of Killers and Cassidy on the telly?  Fuck yeah.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

gurnard

Quote from: radiator on 25 March, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I love Gilgun in This Is England - a really charismatic actor. He should be great, just hope he nails the accent.

Yeah he was good in that and in Misfits. Also saw him in a Sci Fi film Lockout where he played a crazed inmate very well.  Like his stuff think he would be great as Cassidy who was originially Irish or English was he not? Agree with Cosh that the accent would surely be an amalgamation of many though.

Bad City Blue

That is absolutely perfect casting, and he's a fucking good actor to boot
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Theblazeuk

Every single thing Cassidy says should be in the thickest Irish accent ever.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 07 May, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

That would be my suggestion too; and not just because I'm a Mick (albeit only half a one by blood).  I wonder if Americans ever think Irish actors have rubbish American accents when they play yanks?  Because Americans pretty much always do rubbish Irish ones.  Except for Brad Pitt in Snatch, fair play to him.

EDIT:  If Cassidy was someone whose speech patterns adapted to his surroundings, he'd have stopped calling cigarettes 'fags' a long time ago.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 07 May, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

Correct.

Goaty

Seth Rogen send teaser on twitter;

Zenith 666

I went looking for info on this today at lunch and nothing happening.Think cooper negga and giligun will be superb.worried about Elizabeth Perkins character being a quincannon and being introduced so early but I suppose just taking the source material and putting it on screens a bit boring and pointless.fingers crossed they do Jesse Tulip and Cassidy justice.

Goaty

First official poster!

And it will debut in May 2016!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Goaty on 25 March, 2015, 10:43:06 AM
Oh never thought of that, perfect casting!!!

http://www.gamesradar.com/joseph-gilgun-will-play-cassidy-preacher/

Joseph Gilgun as Cassidy

That guy as Cassidy!

Might have picked the Irish fellow from the same show he was in. Forget his name, but the talkative one that can't die.

Goaty

JOE SOAP

That teaser was less than compelling; the brand features longer than the scenes.

COMMANDO FORCES

The trailer has now aired and here it is folks!

PREACHER TRAILER

amines2058

Hmmmm. Am liking the look of Cassidy, but trailer seems to make out that Jessie is a bad ass kick ass rebel, rather than [spoiler]someone who is possessed by a half angel half demon[/spoiler]. In fact not picking up any supernatural vibe at all..... :-* :-\
Will need to see more to be convinced but am decidedly on they fence at present, and perhaps a little disappointed.

Goaty