Main Menu

Edinburgh in a Day...

Started by radiator, 30 May, 2013, 12:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Buttonman on 01 July, 2013, 10:42:12 PM
The American Candy store across from the Rose Street Travellodge has shut too - I was wanting Tamales!

There's another one in the St. James Centre.

Proudhuff

Quote from: M.I.K. on 02 July, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 01 July, 2013, 10:42:12 PM
The American Candy store across from the Rose Street Travellodge has shut too - I was wanting Tamales!

There's another one in the St. James Centre.

St. James Centre that's the bit that looks like Glasgow so you should feel right at home there Butt'man
DDT did a job on me

radiator

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 July, 2013, 07:51:27 PM
Quote from: radiator on 30 May, 2013, 12:13:03 PM
So I'll be in Edinburgh for a day and a night next month. Never been to Scotland before, and I know there's lots of Scotch folk on this board. Any must-see, must-do things? Pubs/restaurants/interesting stuff a little off the beaten path?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

How did it go?

Pretty good thanks. Our attempts at exploring on foot got kind of rained off unfortunately, and we were insanely tired for various reasons, but we had a nice day anyway. Ended up retreating to a pub for several whiskeys. Astoundingly beautiful city, friendly people. Must come back for a full proper weekend soon.

And there's a very good American sweet shop on Princes street.

Proudhuff

ha! assumed the rain was a given  :D

The weary look of tourists by mid afternoon is always a joy to see: there's always one goading the rest on map in hand, a couple hungover and sh**ged out, and that dazed few at the back with a WTF? look all wrapped up in disposable rain capes, and then there's the Festival...
DDT did a job on me