Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 January, 2022, 02:29:13 PM
I know Covid is hitting a lot of services hard and our post here is really messed up, but it is filtering through Porgs aside.

Anyway, first non-parcel post since mid December here and as well as a bunch of Christmas cards, 2264 just arrived. No sign of 2262 or 2263 but I think I can put that down to a Christmas blip.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 January, 2022, 04:11:24 PM
New year prog still missing in Perth. It was poor last autumn then sorted itself out later in the year.

I got a Instagram from my brother in Perth yesterday, he'd just received my Xmas card sent at the start of December, it was their 1st mail since mid December! oh that's Perth Scotland, an hour up the road, not OZ.

Mail has been fine in the East Lothian Wastelands... 
DDT did a job on me

Southstreeter

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 January, 2022, 11:24:21 AM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 January, 2022, 04:11:24 PM
New year prog still missing in Perth. It was poor last autumn then sorted itself out later in the year.

I got a Instagram from my brother in Perth yesterday, he'd just received my Xmas card sent at the start of December, it was their 1st mail since mid December! oh that's Perth Scotland, an hour up the road, not OZ.

Mail has been fine in the East Lothian Wastelands...

I think we count as offshore for postal purposes!

Leigh S

2264 received, no sign of 2263....

Magnetica

Does anyone know when the Megazine comes out?

I ask as I've just been down to WHSmith and they seem to have the next issue, but I've not received my subscription copy yet and there is no thread for it in the review section yet.

Dandontdare

Just sent an update email to my MP who promised to look into things - since first contacting her on 15th Dec, we've had just one delivery on 30th December. I've had one of the last four progs.

Tjm86

I have to be honest, I hadn't thought of contacting my MP when the prog sub failed to turn up for a bit.

;-)

Dandontdare

Progs are the least of it, bank cards, medical appointments, so many things have been stuffed up. It was done in anger after complaining to the Royal Mail and getting a generic "we're doing our best in difficult times" response. Was impressed that one of her staff got back to me same day with a case ref. saying they have asked RM to investigate problems in my area. Nothing else yet, but if they know the MP's sniffing about they may just put another postie on our route.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Magnetica on 13 January, 2022, 01:18:35 PM
Does anyone know when the Megazine comes out?

I ask as I've just been down to WHSmith and they seem to have the next issue, but I've not received my subscription copy yet and there is no thread for it in the review section yet.

Supposed to be next week but going by what I'm seeing online, it seems to have got into shops a bit early.

Leigh S

Jim_Campbell

TBH, the fact that my sub prog would frequently not arrive until the following Wednesday was as much a factor in my move to a digital as dwindling storage space.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Barrington Boots

I got three Progs this morning so I think the local backlog may have been cleared.

Leigh S

The fact it is quiet here would suggest most peoples progs are back on track?

If I was more conspiratorially minded, I'd take the fact that the week after I slagged the progs for "never ending story" syndrome my prog turned up a week late and looking like it had been through Mek quakes guts as a sign of Thrg's displeasure.

Since then, my prog has been usually Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday - still no 2274 here.. just me?

Barrington Boots

Mine is consistently a week late nowadays..it usually arrives the Friday following the Saturday it should have arrived (if that makes sense) although sometimes it's later.
I assume its not Rebellions fault, but it means I probably wont bother subscribing next year and will just buy locally. The webshop voucher is great, but it does lead.me to buy stuff I probably shouldn't.

IndigoPrime

Subscriptions are still wobbly here. Most arrive more or less when they should, but the odd Prog or Beano still rocks up a few days late.