3. Jaegir
4. Absalom
5. Scarlet Traces
6. Low Life
7. Stickleback
8. Brass Sun
9. Kingdom
10. Survival Geeks

This got a lot tougher after the top three! Many thanks for running this!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

For me the top two was easy but with the quality available it becomes quite difficult selecting the rest.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

1. Cradlegrave
2. Dead Eyes
3. Indigo Prime
4. Leatherjack
5. Pussyfoot 5
6. Deadworld
7. Brass Sun
8. Scarlet Traces
9, Button Man
10. Strontium Dog

AlexF

Very tough challenge! I'm imposing some of my own rules - no series that started pre-Rebellion (so no Dante), and only one strip listed per creator. Which leaves me with...

1) Brink
2) The Grevous Journey of Ichabod Azrael etc
3) Shakara
4) Leviathan
5) Cradlegrave
6) Defoe
7) The Order
8) Thistlebone
9) The Alienist
10) Thirteen

(and gutted I couldn't find space for Chiaroscuro)
(and yes, I really do like the Alienist just a touch more than Caballistics, Inc - but it was an easier decision as Reardon already had a slot  :D)

@Bishop - Sancho Panzer, really? I like a clever pun name as much as anyone but it wouldn't even make a top ten of series by either Dan Abnett or Henry Flint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 14 June, 2020, 02:55:40 PM
Very tough challenge! I'm imposing some of my own rules - no series that started pre-Rebellion (so no Dante),

Ohhh I do like this rule... but don't think I'll be able to bing myself to use it... no Dante... no Sinister Dexter... no Red Seas...  nope just can't do it!

Lorenzo

Oooh, I quite like a listicle competition. Really interesting to see how everyone has something different - and nobody likes the same things I do!  :lol:   10 just isn't enough, but here goes:

1. Brink
2. Low Life
3. Scarlet Traces
4. The Simping Detective
5. Leviathan
6. Lenny Zero
7. Absalom
8. Button Man
9. Brass Sun
10. Deadworld

TordelBack

Hang on, Red Seas?  That surely can't have started until the 1300s, so late 2002 at the earliest (oh Barney, where art thou). Even by Cyber-Matt's Diggle-Definition I think you're off the hook, Colin!

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 June, 2020, 03:22:13 PM
Very tough challenge! I'm imposing some of my own rules - no series that started pre-Rebellion (so no Dante),

Ohhh I do like this rule... but don't think I'll be able to bing myself to use it... no Dante... no Sinister Dexter... no Red Seas...  nope just can't do it!

AlexF self imposed rules are to strict but Colin you can still vote for Red Sea even using AlexF rules since it was only published during the Rebellion Years.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 14 June, 2020, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 June, 2020, 03:22:13 PM

AlexF self imposed rules are to strict but Colin you can still vote for Red Sea even using AlexF rules since it was only published during the Rebellion Years.
Quote from: TordelBack on 14 June, 2020, 03:41:58 PM
Hang on, Red Seas?  That surely can't have started until the 1300s, so late 2002 at the earliest (oh Barney, where art thou). Even by Cyber-Matt's Diggle-Definition I think you're off the hook, Colin!

Yeah errr I meant AlexF other self imposed rule of errmmmm not allowing... eerr... thrills with the initials RS... yeah that one... did you not see that one... runs away...

Batman's Superior Cousin

My Personal Favourites

1) Brink
2) The Ten-Seconders
3) Cradlegrave
4) Nikolai Dante
5) The 86ers
6) Damnation Station
7) Stickleback
8) Shakara
9) Grey Area
10) Caballistics inc

Honorary Mentions: Kingdom, Absalom, Counterfeit Girl, Dead Signal, The Alienist, Scarlet Traces, The Fall of Deadworld, Zombo
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

rogue69

1/Slaine
2/A.B.C.Warriors
3/ Strontium Dog
4/ Defoe
5/ Zombo
6/ Survival Geeks
7/ Jaegir
8/ Savage
9/ Rogue Trooper
10/ Deadworld

Huey2

ABC Warriors
Anderson
Button Man
Cadet Anderson
Kingdom
Robo-hunter
Stickleback
Strontium Dog
Thirteen
Zombo

Magnetica

Quote from: davidbishop on 13 June, 2020, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 13 June, 2020, 08:35:53 PM
Quote from: davidbishop on 13 June, 2020, 01:55:30 PM
1. Nikolai Dante
2. Sinister Dexter
3. Cradlegrave
4. Leviathan
5. Zombo
6. Shakara
7. Button Man
8. Sancho Panzer
9. Fiends of the Eastern Front
10. Survival Geeks

Sorry, David, Sancho Panzer wasn't published in the Rebellion era. :-)

The thread states that the Rebellion years started at the beginning of 2000 but they didn't acquire the prog and the Meg till 1 July 2000. So Badlands doesn't qualify either.

I always thought Prog 1200 was effectively the first Rebellion issue as that's pretty much when Andy officially became editor.

In which case, replace Sancho Panzer with Strontium Dog at 8.

Wouldn't you move Fiends up to 8, Survival Geeks up to 9 and put Stront in at 10?

Obviously it's your choice 😉.

Magnetica

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 13 June, 2020, 04:44:48 PM
1. Full Tilt Boogie
2. The Red Seas
3. Brass Sun
4. Stone Island
5. Zenith
6. Nikolai Dante
7. Kingmaker
8. Scarlet Traces
9. Thistlebone
10. Age of the Wolf

Wow - Full Tilt Boogie must be good to be the best thing published in the Rebellion era after just three episodes  :)

broodblik

After the first weekend we a total of 53 different thrills got votes. Clearly it shows us what a diverse comic 2000 AD is.

For me the surprise was Full Tilt Boogie (as mentioned by Magnetica as well), I feel this needs a little more time to mature but I also can say from a personal point of view this looks like an excellent new thrill. We can also mention that Feral & Foe as garnered a vote. Another great Abnett creation in the making.

We have a two horse race in front and these two thrills have already opened up a substantial lead. The interesting thing is that it looks like we have groups of two jostling for position.

Another observation is that I can tell is if you are a start-up comic you will not make a mistake by getting Abnett to do a story for you.

Last point you can vote as many times as you want  but only the last vote is the one that counts.