Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 November, 2021, 06:34:11 AM
Wayhey we're getting The Sarge at last. Fantastic!

I wondered how long it would take for you to post exactly that, Colin :D

Lots of great stuff due next year.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 12 November, 2021, 07:36:41 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 November, 2021, 06:34:11 AM
Wayhey we're getting The Sarge at last. Fantastic!

I wondered how long it would take for you to post exactly that, Colin :D

Lots of great stuff due next year.

Trouble is I've not read it since I was a kid and it might well be rubbish!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

Someone really should have googled a little more for reference for that Tharg DJ pic. I mean those are clearly a set of 1210s but no one in their right mind mixes by reaching over the needle like that - that's asking for trouble. Flip them 180degrees and you'd have a standard scratch mix setup.

IndigoPrime

As wags have noted, it's like Tharg is menacingly facing down the reader, who's the DJ, about to spin his own grooves.

sintec

I see - so it's Tharg as the annoying drunk requesting entirely inappropriate songs and generally annoying the DJ. hmmmmmm.

Colin YNWA

Well this video certainly makes the Encyclopedia look pretty cool.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=692706651704619

Tomwe

Very pleased to see that the cover is indeed a dust jacket as Molch-r pointed out.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 17 November, 2021, 06:34:36 PM
Cover for The Spider Crime Unlimited (Feb 2022):

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCA-B0119

They need to work on their blurb.
Quote from: RebellionThese long-lost and fast-paced pulp adventure stories have never been reprinted before, written by Jerry Siegel (Superman) and Donne Avenell (Adam Eterno).

Something like "Jerry Siegel (co-creator, Superman)" might help promote it that little bit more.

broodblik

The cover for Birdman and Chicken:

Dash Decent

Black Beth : Vengeance Be Thy Name (from the pages of SCREAM!) - paperback, 80 pages, 7th June 2022

A warrior with a name born of the black rage that filled her heart!

In a world of swords and sorcery, the evil tyrant Rassau discovers that he is destined to be killed by a fearsome warrior called Beth. Together with his men, Rassau seeks Beth out, destroying her village and killing all held dear to her. With the aid of a former warrior - the blind Quido - Beth becomes a skilled fighter and sworn enemy of all that is evil! She will not rest until her people are avenged!

This book contains both the original strip and the brilliantly resurrected stories that have been masterfully guided by writer Alec Worley and DC Comic's newest star, the astonishing Greek artist, DaNi!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Lawless Book Four: Boom Town - Paperback, 23rd June 2022

TEETHING TROUBLE!

Having narrowly avoided being wiped from the face of the planet by Munce, Inc., Badrock is now a thriving boom town, predicated on an uneasy peace between the Zhind, the settlers and the Mega-City One Justice Department. Designated a Free Town, the future's there for taking, and folks from all over the planet 43 Rega are flocking to Badrock to begin anew, all under the watchful, disapproving eye of the SJS. Many are hardworking, honest folk - but some are parasites, drawn to Badrock to find new ways of making a killing. And when a caravan of settlers is brutally slaughtered, it'll take all that Colonial Marshal Metta Lawson has to stop an outright war.

Dan Abnett (Aquaman, Guardians of the Galaxy) and Phil Winslade's (Howard the Duck, Wonder Woman) frontier epic Lawless continues in this fourth action packed volume, which includes the all singin', all dancin', Lawless the Musical!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Out - Paperback, 25th October 2022

Cyd Finlea is a photo-journalist working for the publishers Neographic. It has been a decade since she left Earth and travelled to into the deepest reassesses of outer space - otherwise known as THE OUT. Her encounters include meetings with strange alien societies and ex-pat humans, an experience that she shares with her trusty sentient backpack...

This exciting, first volume introduces a brand new world introduced recently in the pages of 2000 AD, with an intriguing new female lead brilliantly executed by writer Dan Abnett (Guardians of the Galaxy) and featuring the inventive visuals of Mark Harrison.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 November, 2021, 03:16:34 AM
Black Beth : Vengeance Be Thy Name (from the pages of SCREAM!) - paperback, 80 pages, 7th June 2022

A warrior with a name born of the black rage that filled her heart!

In a world of swords and sorcery, the evil tyrant Rassau discovers that he is destined to be killed by a fearsome warrior called Beth. Together with his men, Rassau seeks Beth out, destroying her village and killing all held dear to her. With the aid of a former warrior - the blind Quido - Beth becomes a skilled fighter and sworn enemy of all that is evil! She will not rest until her people are avenged!

This book contains both the original strip and the brilliantly resurrected stories that have been masterfully guided by writer Alec Worley and DC Comic's newest star, the astonishing Greek artist, DaNi!

Pffft! Old news.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"