Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Interesting thoughts Colin. Not read Bulletproof Coffin but I think the two Seaguy series are easily the best thing Grant's done in the last ten years (yes, All Star Superman and We3 included.) Of course, it's been a long time since I've automatically bought anything with his name on so maybe I've missed out on Batman Inc or Action but what I've read about them doesn't make me feel like I'm missing much.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 March, 2013, 10:54:17 PM
Interesting thoughts Colin. Not read Bulletproof Coffin but I think the two Seaguy series are easily the best thing Grant's done in the last ten years (yes, All Star Superman and We3 included.) Of course, it's been a long time since I've automatically bought anything with his name on so maybe I've missed out on Batman Inc or Action but what I've read about them doesn't make me feel like I'm missing much.

Yeah I've heard so many good things about it, often along those sort of lines, I just assumed I'd love it. So it goes hey. I might give a a wee while and try it again, though as it does seem odd that I was so on the outs with it. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind...

SuperSurfer

Rather late to the party but at LSCC I bought Thrill-Power Overload. Started reading it a couple of days ago and I can't put the book down. It really is a good read.

Spikes

Im reading a few bits and bobs at the minute, but whats prompted me to post, is a DVD ive recently re-watched: A very British coup.
Loved this mini-series since first catching it, but ive never got round to grabbing a copy of Chris Mullin's novel.

Any thoughts on the novel - worth tracking down?

Basilisk

Today i got a delivery from Bookdepository.com: the fifth trade of Marvel's secret Warriors. I devoured it. I've found it entertaining, and sad at the same time, due to the thing that happen in it.

Ad i'm trough the CCF1 of Dredd... just reading through the Moon Marshall's arc.
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

Zarjazzer

Missionary Man TPB- lovely good twoothy stuff. Fabulous images and storylines.Well worth it. And Legion of the Damned a WH40k novel. Entertaining so far.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mabs

At The Mountains Of Madness - H.P Lovecraft.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mabs on 07 March, 2013, 01:55:37 PM

Doesn't get any better than that.

Mabs

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 March, 2013, 02:13:31 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 07 March, 2013, 01:55:37 PM

Doesn't get any better than that.

It was on my 'must read' list for so long now, that last i finally said to myself that enough was enough, and gave into Lovecrafts otherworldly pull.  so far so very good, lets just say things are getting very interesting indeed!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

My Necronomicon edition of HPL storys is amongst my most prized books despite it's unlimited print run and occational typo, it's just a lovely book.

Mabs

That looks awesome, Hawkmonger! Now just make sure you don't take it into the woods at night, or all manner of craziness will ensue!  :lol:

My Twitter @nexuswookie

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 March, 2013, 03:10:06 PM
My Necronomicon edition of HPL storys is amongst my most prized books despite it's unlimited print run and occational typo, it's just a lovely book.

Sweet - £13 on Amazon!  Insta-buy!

mogzilla

"spider-men" and "divided we fall united we stand "

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mabs on 07 March, 2013, 04:05:53 PM
That looks awesome, Hawkmonger! Now just make sure you don't take it into the woods at night, or all manner of craziness will ensue!  :lol:
Ttotototototototooooo laaaaaattttteee....

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 March, 2013, 08:20:18 AM
Quote from: Mabs on 07 March, 2013, 04:05:53 PM
Ttotototototototooooo laaaaaattttteee....

Heh!  As a former player of Call of Cthulhu there is something deeply disturbing about the addition of the Amazon decal 'Click to look inside!'.