Main Menu

2000AD pull list and download archive

Started by pandabear, 25 May, 2011, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandabear

As you can see by my post count I haven't really posted here much, but I do have a suggestion for the online shop.

Basically I have given up buying 2000AD or the Megazine in print - I live in Australia, and it's too expensive, and the subscription options are just awful.

But I really love the online shop here - PDF and CBZ files is incredibly smart. I love Comixology, but your system ensures I can move between whatever devices I want, so honestly you guys are doing a great job.

NOW MY POINT - is there someway I can have a list on my 2000AD shop account of ALL my digital purchases. I just want a LIST of them so when I have to re-download them (like switching between computers or my iPad) I can juts pull up my list and see what I own. There's an order history, but no actual "click here to download Prog XXXX" LIST!

ALSO, a digital subscription would be amazing. Like give us a small discount and e-mail me when the new issue is out and already charged to my credit card so I can click a link and download it.

just some ideas for you all....

Richmond Clements

It's a good idea- Big Finish do something similar with their audio downloads.

Emperor

I'm not aware of an electronic comic publisher that does pull lists (although I can't think I've checked that hard, but it does turn up in other people's wishlists) - automatic billing would take more back end gubbins (hope I'm not blinding you with technical terms here ;) ) and I presume you'd have to set up some kind of standing order or they'd need to add a new product to buy as a yearly digital subscription. The beauty of having such a thing is guaranteed sales and money in the bank early on, plus it might be a nice incentive to get people interested.

The simplest thing for now might be a mailing list with options to email you on all new merchandise or narrow it down to categories (like digital progs, graphic novels, etc.). You'd at least get a nudge when the next one is out so you can snap it up.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

pandabear

Quote from: Emperor on 25 May, 2011, 06:14:06 PM
I'm not aware of an electronic comic publisher that does pull lists (although I can't think I've checked that hard, but it does turn up in other people's wishlists) - automatic billing would take more back end gubbins (hope I'm not blinding you with technical terms here ;) ) and I presume you'd have to set up some kind of standing order or they'd need to add a new product to buy as a yearly digital subscription. The beauty of having such a thing is guaranteed sales and money in the bank early on, plus it might be a nice incentive to get people interested.

The simplest thing for now might be a mailing list with options to email you on all new merchandise or narrow it down to categories (like digital progs, graphic novels, etc.). You'd at least get a nudge when the next one is out so you can snap it up.

I can appreciate what you're saying ... I suppose a subscription service does add a bit to company overheads ... but still I think it would be a good idea. I mean buying either the Megazine or 2000AD outside of the UK is expensive, so buying it in CBZ format is the best option. Anyway your digital stuff is A LOT better than DC or Marvels stuff (despite my love for them too... but print is their only focus, digital is their under-loved side project).

BUT - my original point was that when I login to shop.2000adonline.com I want to see a LIST of everything I have bought digitally with LINKS so I can download them again. Basically it seems like you have to find your old e-mail receipt if you want to track down an old purchase ... also the emails should have LINKS not an address you have to copy and paste ... all this stuff would make reading on the iPad a lot easier (because it doesn't seem like an iPad APP is EVER gonna show up!)

Please don't take this a me complaining ... I love 2000AD and won't stop buying it, these are just suggestions.

Emperor

Yes I like the idea of a list - one of the handy things with the Kindle is I can always redownload books I've bought. Problem is the web droids don't have a lot of spare time but it could be something to add to a to-do list for the next round of upgrades.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

pandabear

Cool ... we'll I'll wait and see :) thanks!

You can now find a list of all downloadable products in the account section of the shop  :)

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the downloads from there

Quote from: pandabear on 30 May, 2011, 07:30:06 AM
also the emails should have LINKS not an address you have to copy and paste

The emails always have contained links? They look like addresses but are clickable (they look like addresses to avoid falling foul of spam filters).

Are you not able to use them as links?

w3bz

Quote from: 500 on 24 June, 2011, 03:45:22 PM
also the emails should have LINKS not an address you have to copy and paste

The emails always have contained links? They look like addresses but are clickable (they look like addresses to avoid falling foul of spam filters).

Are you not able to use them as links?

Might be a non-html email? But then....yeah that'd be an issue we couldn't really resolve anyway. And now to double up they're in your account section ;)

Quote from: Emperor on 25 May, 2011, 06:14:06 PM

I can appreciate what you're saying ... I suppose a subscription service does add a bit to company overheads ... but still I think it would be a good idea. I mean buying either the Megazine or 2000AD outside of the UK is expensive, so buying it in CBZ format is the best option. Anyway your digital stuff is A LOT better than DC or Marvels stuff (despite my love for them too... but print is their only focus, digital is their under-loved side project).

BUT - my original point was that when I login to shop.2000adonline.com I want to see a LIST of everything I have bought digitally with LINKS so I can download them again. Basically it seems like you have to find your old e-mail receipt if you want to track down an old purchase ... also the emails should have LINKS not an address you have to copy and paste ... all this stuff would make reading on the iPad a lot easier (because it doesn't seem like an iPad APP is EVER gonna show up!)

Please don't take this a me complaining ... I love 2000AD and won't stop buying it, these are just suggestions.

Digital subs are on the cards ;) We have another update due at some point in the future that this is happening for, including Direct Debits and monthly regular subs too.

Glad you like the system, we still have other plans for how it's all handled and it certainly hasn't been without faults so you guys have been great support ;)