Main Menu

Forum change...!

Started by w3bz, 14 June, 2011, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Doh probably got splunged in the upgrade, will go look for a version of it...

w3bz

Reinstalled and updated, so should work. Let me know if it still doesn't and I'll hit it with something heavy ;)

James Stacey

Yep all working now. I had to search for 2000ad again and log in. I assume the old one I had in the system was looking for the old URI and needed refreshing. All hunky and dory now though

thanks

The Legendary Shark

I hate to ask because I know how busy you all are - but any news on the "Active Topics" thing? I'm really missing it...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 July, 2011, 06:30:47 PM
I hate to ask because I know how busy you all are - but any news on the "Active Topics" thing? I'm really missing it...

I assume it'll have to wait until the fancy new site is launched and the bugs have been shaken out of all those shiny new bells and whistles we'll be getting.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

w3bz

Quote from: Emperor on 11 July, 2011, 06:34:51 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 July, 2011, 06:30:47 PM

I assume it'll have to wait until the fancy new site is launched and the bugs have been shaken out of all those shiny new bells and whistles we'll be getting.

...currently this week I R bin mostly working on --> (points to new site)

So long as we can iron things out sharpish I'll get onto the forums this week!

The Legendary Shark

Thank you and please forgive my impatience! :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

Yup. Tapatalk's all good now. Cheers, W3bz.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Active Topics seems to have gone even weirder now - the first couple of posts are from today, but then it just throws up a load of random threads from the last few months.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've noticed this too. The "Active Topics" seems to be showing the most recent posts on any threads that I have not read. As soon as I read one, it is no longet an "active" topic until someone posts on it.
Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing

Forum clock's an hour ahead. Don't know if this has been said, but it's a small point so I can't be arsed to check.

SBT

House of Usher

Does the 'search' facility still work? I can't find the darn thing or any field window to type a search term into.
STRIKE !!!

Emperor

Quote from: House of Usher on 31 July, 2011, 11:42:49 AM
Does the 'search' facility still work? I can't find the darn thing or any field window to type a search term into.

Here is the forum search:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=search

It is basically a blank page with all the forum gubbins wrapped around it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I have removed the search bar from the forum for now, It will return once I have had the chance to make it work.

I'm looking into the clock now.