Main Menu

Dreddcon Pitchfest

Started by Mike Carroll, 23 September, 2005, 10:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

You're right, they'll probably have to put him on the panel again...

Floyd-the-k

has anyone ever pitched a thinly-disguised version of something that's already been published?

Quirkafleeg

Well there's always I'm gonna pitch X and see how long it takes someone to notice conversations but they never about to much

Queen Firey-Bou

lucky lucky lucky i ain't going, cos ive actually got a future shock pitch which rocks, this would in fact ruin the entire event as i'd spend the run up to pitchfest getting in a state/ drunk panicing about wether i could do it, if i did it i'd blush so red the windows would slump, shake so much it would measure richter 9, & mummble & giggle & fient ineffectively for 3 minutes, whereupon i'd have to go shoot myself.  OR i could not do it & spend the entire weekend kicking myself & getting in a state/drunk about being such a cowardly stage-horror person....

unless... i could get into character & wear the firey gear which instantly transforms me into shouty authority woman... if i covered the helmet with tinfoil it would be perfect !....maybe some fake blood, a small doe eyed manekin, some radios, cutting gear, oh and yes i'd need a space ship... then my pitch would Rock !

maybe i'll just draw it up & email it?

Art

Hmm... from the sound of things Pitchferst is going to be very short.

Al_Ewing

Everybody should do pitchfest. I'm always a bit shocked that they aren't beating prospective writers off with a stick, screaming "Only ten! The other ninety of you must wait for next year!"

I remember jast year Jamie going round asking likely folk to step in and make up the numbers...
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Max Kon

yeah, i remember what he said to me:

'want to join the pitchfest?'
but i have nothing prepare
'oh go on it'll be fun. No one else knows what they are doing'
oh alright.

and i'm glad i did, great fun

Art

So far this year Gary said he might do it and... um... ?

Dudley

Tiplodocus (by remote).
Someone else (who I'm reading for).
Secret entrant I know about.
Me.

Mike Carroll

Me too... What the hell! I've never been known to turn down a change at possible glory (there IS glory, right?).

Mike C

Mike Carroll

"change"... Which is of course an alternative spelling of "chance", and not in any way a typo.

Mike C

Dudley

I thought you meant "charge".

Byron Virgo

Give him a break - he is Irish...