Main Menu

So bad it's good.

Started by Jared Katooie, 04 January, 2011, 03:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

There are two kinds of people in the world.

Those that believe in the entertainment value of terrible films, and those that don't. Those that believe in the concept of "so bad it's good", and those that don't.

In the year 2011 I have finally been able to decide definitively which group I fall into.

If you want to do the same, then follow this link to discover the truth!

NOTE: If you're having trouble with the time limit, just turn OFF your router and turn it back ON again, then pick up where you left off.

Radbacker

Haven't clickied the linky yet as at work and really got to watch what i surf at work but will do when i get home.
Without seeing the link, yes i belive a movie can be so bad its good but not usually when they are trying to do it that way, its got to be unintentional like they think they are actually making a good movie and putting heart into it.  See Trool 2 for example, the director today still thinks he made a fairly decent seriouse movie.

CU Radbacker

Radbacker

ahh, it is Troll 2.  "oh my god..he's eating her...alive"
I'm trying to remember sone of these beuties i hired a a youth (you know when a cover might just make you pick up the vid and if it was R Rated even better).
Its a lost art, now all we have is the shite they fob off as so bad its good when really its just bad.

Cu Radbacker

locustsofdeath!

I'm a so bad it's good movie viewer, judging by my extensive collection of Italian zombie, cannibal, demon and giallo films. What's not to love about a mum having her nipple bitten off by her zombie son in 'Burial Ground' or zombie vampires that can't kill a woman without fondling her breasts in 'Nightmare City'? Movie night anyone?!?

Greg M.

I think we have similar DVD collections, locusts.  :) The weird thing about about 'Burial Ground' is that for all its patent daftness, it is incredibly rewatchable - because it has basically no plot. All you need to do is enjoy the potato-headed Gino De Rossi zombies staggering around. And weirdly, the off-kilter atmosphere is very distinctive, because despite itself, there is something faintly creepy about it all. (Those monks..!) And doesn't the zombie son look like a miniature Dario Argento?

locustsofdeath!

The son does indeed look like a little Argento  :lol:!

And you're right - Burial Ground is the film I go to over and over, even if just to have something on. It's just so bizarre, all the synth, the interchangeable characters behaving in strange and inadvisable ways when confronted by zombie ('No! I am your friend!' says the scientist to the crusty-faced zombies) and that weird passage at the end!!!

Ha ha, glad to see there's someone else out there with 'good' taste!

Greg M.

Yeah, there's one or two of us out there.  ;) 'Burial Ground' highlights for me include the zombie that pops up from behind a bush, the bit when they decide to let the zombies into the house in the hope they'll leave them alone (!) and the bit when they can't get the gin-trap's jaws open and it keeps closing repeatedly around that girl's leg.

As for 'Nightmare City'... I like the way Hugo Stiglitz stands casually watching the zombies pour out of the plane, massacre people left right and centre and then eventually decides to do something. I don't watch 'Nightmare City' quite as much, because it's a lot more demanding in terms of your attention, being so wonderfully energetic.

And then there's 'Zombie Holocaust', 'Zombie 3', 'Killing Birds', 'Hell of the Living Dead'.... hmmm, time to fire up the DVD player...!  :)

locustsofdeath!

For those of you who have not basked in the glory that is Peter Bark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJKnJkgxxUo&feature=related.

Jared Katooie

If you guys get a chance, you should really watch Death Dimension too.

Jim Kelly, Harold Sakata, and George Lazenby! A car chase, a speedboat chase, and a cablecar chase! It's high-quality trash.

Trailer

Hoagy

Hope all you family guys have the kids sat round The Original Planet of the Apes right now.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Krombasher on 04 January, 2011, 07:09:51 PM
Hope all you family guys have the kids sat round The Original Planet of the Apes right now.

Except of course ...Apes is good cos it's good.

Hoagy

Yes Joe. I'd call anything with Charlton in, a yardstick.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Professor Bear

I like to think I have always taken pleasure in really bad films to the point that I can still enjoy Batman and Robin, The Saint, Battlefield Earth...

Then today I watched Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and knew that ultimately we all die alone.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Professah Byah on 04 January, 2011, 07:45:47 PM
Then today I watched Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and knew that ultimately we all die alone.
A tremendously fun film.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!