Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 March, 2013, 10:41:38 PM
So I watched half and hour of that zombie thing on BBC3, then realised I was not being made to sit through it so switched it off.

My rule of thumb has always been that if the BBC have finally jumped on a bandwagon, that shit is over.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 18 March, 2013, 01:14:23 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 March, 2013, 10:41:38 PM
So I watched half and hour of that zombie thing on BBC3, then realised I was not being made to sit through it so switched it off.

My rule of thumb has always been that if the BBC have finally jumped on a bandwagon, that shit is over.

The zombie genre has been over for a loooong time, IMO.

Professor Bear

I hear that, but now the BBC have finally got around to hacking out some half-baked shit we're supposed to lap up and be grateful for because we've paid for it, it's official.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 18 March, 2013, 01:19:52 PM
I hear that, but now the BBC have finally got around to hacking out some half-baked shit we're supposed to lap up and be grateful for because we've paid for it, it's official.

Still though...new Jonathan Creek in two weeks. God bless Auntie Beeb.

Hoagy

BBC seem to be showing a lot of TombRaider too at the moment. Now tell that's not coincidental product placement. And they're not Core's shill?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Professor Bear

More likely that Tomb Raider is just a very cheap film to licence for broadcast and they repeat it as often as they can to get their money's worth out of it.

Tomb Raider 2 was the first film I ever walked out of.  I was so bored when that person skydived onto a moving jeep I just wanted a beer, so by reckoning that first pint cost me about a tenner.  No regrets.

edit to add: Do CORE even own Tomb Raider?  Wasn't it sold ten years ago to Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix?

Goaty

Quote from: Hoagy on 18 March, 2013, 01:57:50 PM
BBC seem to be showing a lot of TombRaider too at the moment. Now tell that's not coincidental product placement. And they're not Core's shill?

Nah, they been show new films on BBC3 on Sunday, then repeat it on next Saturday, then next new film on Sunday etc...

few weeks ago it was National Treasure 1, then National Treasure 2 etc...

Proudhuff

Two words; Camberwick Green
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 March, 2013, 12:40:59 PM
Two words; Camberwick Green
Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play. But this box can hide a secret inside. Can you guess what is in it today?

:D

Zarjazzer

is the answer Josef Stalin? :-*
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

Well it's not Hugo Chavez.

Spikes

TordelBack

I'd like that pocket TV even more if it wasn't showing the Val Doonican Christmas Special.

darnmarr

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 March, 2013, 11:06:31 PM
I'd like that pocket TV even more if it wasn't showing the Val Doonican Christmas Special.
But he's just about to be hit in the head with a giant Christmas pud!!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 19 March, 2013, 08:10:32 PM
is the answer Josef Stalin? :-*

The Camberwick Archipelago.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105