Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

That chart is making me hungry, I want a black pudding and chips....no black pudding?...haggis then.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

McDonalds have stopped giving out mayonnaise as a choice with their Happy Meals.  I understand that this is the normal state of affairs in other jurisdictions, but man alive we're suffering here.

In other news, my shed lights flicker when my neighbour switches their strimmer on and off. What the hell is that about?

von Boom

Damn this board. All I can think about now is curry chips.

Hawkmumbler

I like Custard Creams.

Goaty

Oh what I put on my toast?

TordelBack

Culinary success achieved tonight (i.e. kids' plates completely clean without excessive threats of violence and/or loss of liberty).  Gnocchi and beef ragu with a rocket-based side salad.  Secret ingredient: fennel in the ragu.  Who knew?

The Doctor Alt 8

Are you sure that was Fennel?

Only reminded of a story told to me by a friend about two competing Chinese restaurants.
He swears it was a legitimate news story reported in a local paper.
I however am convinced it is an urban myth

TordelBack

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 26 June, 2013, 03:16:03 AM

It was definitely fennel when I chopped it up and chucked it in! (Also: celery, carrot, onion, garlic, rosemary, but I usually use those, and meet with more limited success)

Only reminded of a story told to me by a friend about two competing Chinese restaurants.

Do perpetuate!

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 June, 2013, 08:41:55 AM

It was definitely fennel when I chopped it up and chucked it in! (Also: celery, carrot, onion, garlic, rosemary, but I usually use those, and meet with more limited success)

Do perpetuate!

there was a mention in the paper the other day about an (unverified) story of restaurants passing off sliced pig rectum as calamari. The journalist couldn't find any actual evidence that this happened, so tried it himself and apparently they taste just the same!

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 June, 2013, 12:37:59 AM
Culinary success achieved tonight (i.e. kids' plates completely clean without excessive threats of violence and/or loss of liberty). 

As an adult, I'll basically eat anything that doesn't move faster than my fork. When I think of the hassle I caused my poor Mum as a kid - refusing to eat certain things, moaning that the things I did like weren't exactly the way I liked them - I feel rotten.

The Doctor Alt 8

Very well TordelBack  as you have asked nicely...

Story goes like this...
there were two Chinese restaurants in the same high street.
both were doing quite good custom when... well suddenly one became a LOT more popular than the other.
To the extent that there were queues forming on the most popular nights out side.
This went on for months...
To the extent that the less popular restaurant was facing the prospect of going out of business.

Then one evening the popular place was raided by the police and the sudden increase in popularity explained.

They had been adding cocaine to the food.

Frank

I, Cosh

I've just wasted fifteen minutes trying to find a scan of that Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers strip where the other two send Fat Freddy to the shop and, of course, he gets burned yet again.

"Fat Freddy, this sugar is almost 100% cocaine."
- "It doesn't even make the coffee sweet!"
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

There's a 1960's TV Comic Dalek strip in the DWM Dalek Special. It's jizz worthy.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 26 June, 2013, 08:55:28 PM
They had been adding cocaine to the food.

Good story. don't mind Sauchie and his 'facts', he obviously doesn't understand the importance of cashflow in the catering sector.  However, I would never under any circumstances give my kids cocaine.  I can't get the little bastards to stop talking (and/or sniffling) as it is.