Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 21 November, 2013, 09:04:52 PM
If the label is true then perhaps we shouldn't have a Christmas.

Christmas isn't in there in the first place: not one mention of sprouts, socks, Santa or the Two Ronnies, and the Flight Into Egypt doesn't have as many motorbikes as The Great Escape.

Charlie boy

So after the best part of a year and a half and numerous interviews (being told in two I had been successful but would have to wait for the hours to become available before employment could begin...), I finally have a job- induction Monday, starting Tuesday. The 'problem' on my mind at the minute is I obviously won't be paid until nearing the end of December (luckily, all the xmas presents I had to buy have been purchased) so I'm no doubt going to have to ask family and the odd friend for loans until payday. The good timing however is I won't have to go the job centre for the interview with my adviser next week. Result!

TordelBack

Quote from: Charlie boy on 22 November, 2013, 04:00:35 PMThe good timing however is I won't have to go the job centre for the interview with my adviser next week. Result!

Nice one, Charlie!  I live for that day myself.  Which should be soon.

Bolt-01

Great news Charlie-boy.

The Doctor Alt 8

Hawkmumbler

Spot on Charlie! Nice one.

Zarjazzer

Congrats Charlie boy all the best in your new career.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Spikes

I dont like it when the presenters on Radio 2 have time off.

Charlie boy

Thank you for your kind words TordelBack, Bolt, Hawk' and Zarjazzer.
Quote from: TordelBack on 22 November, 2013, 04:27:05 PM
Quote from: Charlie boy on 22 November, 2013, 04:00:35 PMThe good timing however is I won't have to go the job centre for the interview with my adviser next week. Result!

Nice one, Charlie!  I live for that day myself.  Which should be soon.
TordelBack, if you're currently unfortunate enough to be claiming, I hope you do get off it soon. It's well grim and it's made worse by newspapers/folk on TV saying how people claiming benefits are doing so because they're lazy and now filthy rich thanks to the state. Then there are the Job Centre approved courses you go to after being told you'll definitely get a job if you attend such course but at some point during your first day you think "This is such a scam. I wonder how much money they're getting for doing this?" and unsurprisingly, nothing comes of it.

TordelBack

You're singing my song there Charlie Boy.  Although I'm in a different jurisdiction it's much the same story.  Still, my lavish lifestyle of scrounging in the bins behind the veg shop* will hopefully soon be at an end. 

*With proprietor's permission, I hasten to add.

TordelBack

I am a 42-year old man hiding from his feral children and counting the minutes until their mother gets home.  This cannot be a normal state of affairs.

And I'm a double-poster too.

von Boom

Fig Rolls ARE the answer.

Charlie boy

Went the Job Centre today to sign off tell them I've now started work. As far as the job centre is concerned, it's mission accomplished on their end (I didn't even apply for the job via their site, but anyway...); not even an offer of a temporary bus pass which I find odd because every waste-of-time-course they try and sell to you/push you onto or they'll sanction you comes with the offer of Free bus pass until the course finishes to make sure you can get there!
As I'm not getting my first full pay packet until January, they did give me a number (some department of the local city council going by the look of it) to ring however to request financial help. I imagine I'll have been sitting without electricity etc for a good few weeks before a decision is made by them.
Mildly humorous internet cat search, don't fall me now...!
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/13/batman-cat-funny-picture_n_4266876.html

CrazyFoxMachine

Lets start exhaustively quoting Python sketches here as well.

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A FISH LICENSE.

hippynumber1

I can eat cheese thins again!  :D