Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

At least that goal salvaged some Brazilian national pride. Russell Brand speculated that there might be five minutes of extra time because of all the time Cesar spent picking the ball out of the back of the net.

ZenArcade

Or another could be: kicked in the 'Brazil' nuts. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

A reich good hiding.

Something, something, Boys from Brazil,  something.

We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I was working during this.

It seemed to me like every time I turned my back on the screen there was a goal.

Apart from Brazil's single goal. When that went in, the entire bar let out a cheer that can only be described as the single most patronizing syllable I have ever heard.

I wish I could have recorded it so that I could play it whenever I disagreed with someone.

Best line of the night:
That's the most embarrassing semi since I watched Brokeback Mountain with me Dad
You may quote me on that.

Dandontdare

Alan Moore in the news again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-28235072. When I read the headline, I thought he was predicting some kind of Mummy's Curse!

Theblazeuk

I just bought a boat

Ok a dinghy.

But a 3 person dinghy.

Test it on a lake in Cumbria in 2 weeks - then onwards, plans to drift 'pon the thames from Richmond to Teddington (and then train it back....)

von Boom

*Knuckles Forelock*

Congratulations Cap'n Blaze.

Theblazeuk

Good god i never even thought of the nautical possibilities at play here

Need to stock up on Rum i think.

Good work bosun boom. Extra grog rations for that man

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 July, 2014, 09:07:26 AM
Alan Moore in the news again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-28235072. When I read the headline, I thought he was predicting some kind of Mummy's Curse!

Cheers for that. The Today programme had a furious Egyptian fella on yesterday, who made it clear that his country didn't dispute the right of museums to display their ancient treasures, but that the same rules which allow them to do so forbid their sale to private individuals. Apparently the problem of important historical objects going invisible - disappearing into private collections, where nobody else can see them - has worsened since the collapse of Western capitalism in 2008.

They mentioned Van Goch's Portrait of Dr. Gachet, which might be doing an Ark of the Covenant in a Japanese warehouse, but its elderly multi-millionaire 'owner' expressed a desire to have it go up in flames along with him when he died. The idea that being really great at running a factory entitles you to deny anyone else the right to see that painting ever again is abhorrent, so good on Alan Moore for taking on the council and Lord Northampton (surely that honour belongs to Moore).

ZenArcade

Yeah the Japanese dude's taking conspicious consumption to new levels or may he misread the consumption for combustion. Poor stuff, deffo should be an injunction on this kinda stuff. Z

ZenArcade

Oh and anyone know when is Tordel back?

CrazyFoxMachine

Has he been on that much spoken about camping holiday - ? Hope he enjoyed the summer special he was saving forrit!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Theblazeuk

Frank

Teasers for new series of Sláine reveal Mills has continued to pare back the dialogue to a minimum, and Simon Davis has taken his art in a radical new direction: