Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I would say like Liam Neeson with more gravitas. I think our views meet in the middle somewhere.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, either that or one of us is cross-eyed...
He was great torturing Captain Picard. "How many lights?" (That was David Warner, wasn't it?) Neither McKellan nor Neeson could have done better, anyway. (Unless I'm misremembering and it wasn't him, in which case either one of them would have aced it.)
Cider. Sorry *hic**
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Funny little story happened today. On the train from Victoria to Bolton, I was almost alone in the end carriage. At Salford Crescent a lady, about my age, came in to the car. Now, ever since the pride parade last year i've had a badge with the bi-sexual flag on it and it's attached to my ruck sack. The young lady had one for Asexuals. We kinda spotted them, smiled, then went back to reading/staring out of the window respectively. Then, at Salford Central, another girl, around mid-twenties, also entered the carriage with a pansexual badge on her chest. She spotted out badges, we spotted her's. She plonked herself down in the middle of the nearly empty carriage and proclaimed "I guess we're the Three Muskaqueers!".

I haven't laughed at something so out of left field in age's and the sheer randomness of the situation still feel's like I wondered onto a scene from Psychoville!

The Legendary Shark

We have to wear badges now? I am so out of touch.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

I just kind of keep mine because it looks nice on my satchel. It's note a 1984 classification of compatible desirable's or anything like that. :lol:

The Legendary Shark

I see. It's a good thing I don't have to get one; it's been so long I can't remember which type I'd need.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

You don't have to pick. You don't have to be confined by the definitions. Sexuality and romantic orientation or fluid to the point of being unique from person to person. It's not about picking a camp and staying in it for your entire life. Bisexuality is just one of four umbrella terms to describe a wide variety of orientations on the spectrum.

The Legendary Shark

Sorry, Hawks. I was just trying to be funny, is all. I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm fairly certain I know what I am and what I like. I just adore women, you know? Their shape, their voices, their... allure. Everything about them, really. Some of them, anyway. Well, a few. One or two. Okay, okay - female versions of me.
Jeez - any psychiatrists out there?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Wasn't offended in the slightest Sharky!

Tjm86

Quote from: King Pops on 20 March, 2015, 10:32:51 PM
David Warner is a hugely underrated actor.

Always loved him in the original Tron.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 March, 2015, 11:15:08 PM
That was David Warner, wasn't it?

All you have to do is say it was Ian McKellan and you can go home.

Incidentally I can well see why Amnesty International embraced those episodes. To see someone like Picard broken, as he was at the end, was very affecting.

The Legendary Shark

One of my favourite episodes of B5 involved torture as well - Intersections in Real Time, I think.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Greg M.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 March, 2015, 12:58:14 PM
One of my favourite episodes of B5 involved torture as well - Intersections in Real Time, I think.

Would've been even more powerful if it had been the last episode of Season 4, as originally intended.

ZenArcade

Not a big B5 fan but the scene interrogation always stuck in my mind....the sheer sinister banality of the interrogator was right on the nail. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

A friend told me that the weirdest thing about living in Ireland (the Free State) was not being able to buy a baked potato for lunch. Is this true?
We never really die.