Main Menu

LONDON FILM + COMIC CON

Started by jock, 05 November, 2004, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

hey all-
apologies if this has been mentioned, but a bunch of droids will be at wemnley conference centre this weekend for the film and comic con.
me, andy diggle, frazer irving, glenn fabry, john mcrea and david lloyd amoung others will be there.

but, more importantly, so will burt reynolds.
jock

Max Kon

It hasn't been mentioned before. More info please.

jock

longmanshort

Hey Jock, beat up Jonathan Frakes for me, would ya?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Pyroxian

I'm going to be there - so will some non-comicy friends. We'll be drooling over the Aliens props most likely but I'll bring my Sketchbook!

Steve

Jared Katooie

Yeah, I was going to ask if he could do that to John McCrea while shouting my name repeatedly.

And thank him for the sketch I got off him.

Devons Daddy

wow
london good place to be this weekend. both the adam and the ants convention and this.
now thats a great weekend if ever there was one.

and for the record Adam Ant was 50 last week. which makes me think i may well be an adult now.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

aslo thinking aloud here.
if jock is going to be there. then the possibilty for some new bat man sketches, info must be on the cards for this venue then. would that be a fair assumption.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Byron Virgo

Might see if I can make it down tomorrow (only day in the week I'm not working!), depending on what my mates want to do (there was some idea about setting off explosives on Hampstead Heath or something...)

Devons Daddy: I don't even want to know what an Adam & The Ants convention might consist of...

Devons Daddy

think shedd con and dreddcon with men talking about when they wore makeup.
that woudld sum it up.

another con i wish to could go too.
you know say that anywhere else but here and it would sound pathetic. here its completely accepatable.
this place is great.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Woolly

Ah, Adam Ant! One of my earliest memories is of sticking masking tape across my face and bombing round like a nutter to 'Stand and Deliver'! I think i was about 4 or 5? Im 28 now.

Rediscovering them at the minute, and quite alarmed at how bloody good they were. How i wish i'd been born 10-15 years earlier...

Woolly

Sorry, we appear to have hijacked the thread!

Do continue as normal, thankyou.

Quirkafleeg

He may be a bit hard to spot at first as apprently Burt now looks a little 'different' from his glory days...

Link: http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000696.html" target="_blank">No, he's not Asian

Tiplodocus

I can see Burt and Lara look a bit dodgy but I think Arnie has had rather good plastic surgery.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Max Kon

Well if I wasn't bogged down with school work I'd come down.