Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am pretty sure people can be excited about more then one film at once. I know I am.

TordelBack

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 11 May, 2012, 04:02:55 PM
I am pretty sure people can be excited about more then one film at once. I know I am.

Slut.

COMMANDO FORCES

Forget KAPOW and think more along the lines of San Diego. My money is on that convention.

karlurbaninternational

@ Joe: good idea.  :)

@kapow: kinda disappointed, but san diego sounds also good. betting fictional money too on that.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I hope they don't join the recent trend of having trailers for trailers!

Steve Green

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything until San Diego, although missing trailing it with Prometheus would seem to be a bit of shame...

dweezil2

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 May, 2012, 07:59:53 PM
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything until San Diego, although missing trailing it with Prometheus would seem to be a bit of shame...

Would be a bit of a missed opportunity for sure bearing in mind that Prometheus is a very high profile R\15 certificate movie in 3D and aimed at the same target market. Time will tell.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Goaty on 11 May, 2012, 01:06:15 PM
There are three "Hollywood Movie panels" also "Surprise Panel"
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 May, 2012, 01:35:48 PM
'Movie X?'
Curiouser and curiouser ?

I can put that aspiration to bed right now, Jock said on his Twitter feed that the mystery movie WAS NOT Dredd, sorry to be bearer of bad tidings...

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 May, 2012, 08:30:10 PM
Would be a bit of a missed opportunity for sure bearing in mind that Prometheus is a very high profile R\15 certificate movie in 3D and aimed at the same target market. Time will tell.

Yeah, a likely 15-rated piece of adult sci-fi in 3-D, you could be describing either Dredd or Prometheus, but I think IM Global and co are waiting for the smoke to clear on the humungous summer releases before they roll out promotion on Dredd... and I too agree than ComicCon in San Diego will be the event to unveil Dredd and get the marketing ball rolling in the run-up to September...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

Garteh Evans -director of the Raid- will doing a Q & A at Kapow! The Raid is released in the UK & Ireland the same weekend; it'd be ironic if the Raid was movie X.

Spikes

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 11 May, 2012, 07:58:03 PM

Hopefully not. A smaller promotional budget, i guess, might mean things are a bit more traditional?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 11 May, 2012, 07:58:03 PM

They used to call them teaser trailers.

Beaky Smoochies

Teaser trailers are something different, they're just short little trailers (around thirty to ninety seconds) for a film yet to be released for another six months or so - sometimes longer, with big releases - these trailers for trailers is a new and decidedly absurd phenomenon however, the film industry is really going to the dogs, in my opinion, when we feel the need to advertise trailers... trailers for goodness' sakes!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

TordelBack

Don't agree.  Trailers are a form of entertainment all their own that have really found their medium in the internet. 

The first piece of video I ever downloaded was the first trailer for Phantom Menace.  It took half the night over my phone line, and it was a fuzzy mess about the size of a playing card, but it was the most excited I'd been since I first fumbled at a bra-strap.  It's an accepted truth that that trailer delivered infinitely better fun than the film (and I'm a fan), but even taking that as an outlier trailers can frequently be their own pleasure. 

As a broke parent I'd say my ratio of online trailer-watching to movie-going is over 50 to 1.  I go to the cinema 2-5 times a year, mainly kids' films, so while there I see a maximum of 20 trailers on the big screen, most of them apparently for sequels to Ice Age.  I don't really watch TV.  On the internet I sometimes watch that many a week, and I get to choose what I watch. 

Trailers for teasers for trailers are something I want to see, beacause the teaser/trailer is a bigger part of my entertainment intake than movies themselves - I want to be built-up, I want to be kept informed.  Unless it's for Ice Age 17: The Quantum of Slothness.

jock

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 12 May, 2012, 12:45:52 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 11 May, 2012, 01:06:15 PM
There are three "Hollywood Movie panels" also "Surprise Panel"
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 May, 2012, 01:35:48 PM
'Movie X?'
Curiouser and curiouser ?

I can put that aspiration to bed right now, Jock said on his Twitter feed that the mystery movie WAS NOT Dredd, sorry to be bearer of bad tidings...

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 May, 2012, 08:30:10 PM

Yeah, a likely 15-rated piece of adult sci-fi in 3-D, you could be describing either Dredd or Prometheus, but I think IM Global and co are waiting for the smoke to clear on the humungous summer releases before they roll out promotion on Dredd... and I too agree than ComicCon in San Diego will be the event to unveil Dredd and get the marketing ball rolling in the run-up to September...
I've never said anything about movie x on twitter (I don't think....) but I doubt it's dredd. I have no idea what it is.

Where did you get the idea I did?

The Sherman Kid

#Jock -Why do you doubt it's Dredd?

When do you expect something to appear and how's that poster coming along  :D