Main Menu

For those that remember Ferris Bueller's day off..

Started by Michaelvk, 31 January, 2012, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

James Stacey

TordelBack

Ennh, if they'd got Alan Ruck on board too it would have been a classic.  As it is, I find it clever, but mildly depressing.

SmallBlueThing

Oh, that's just... well, it brought a tear to my eye. And that's some major work that Brodders has had done there. Wasn't too long ago he looked more like his own grandad. With luck, this is something that'll go viral, hasten a long-overdue sequel (too late for 'Ferris Bueller's Graduation', alas, but not 'Ferris Bueller's Mid-Life Crisis') and rescue his career. He still just IS Ferris, isn't he?

SBT

von Boom

It WAS missing Cameron and Sloane, but it still made me smile. Would have been even funnier if he'd made reference to Abe Froman.

JvB

James Stacey

I did like the fact the woman he is talking to on hands free is 'Grace' :)

radiator

Anyone else just find it a bit cynical and desperate?

Daveycandlish

Brought a smile to my face, but yeah... needs Alan Ruck too!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bat King

Quote from: radiator on 31 January, 2012, 03:13:51 PM
Anyone else just find it a bit cynical and desperate?

No.

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 31 January, 2012, 02:50:20 PM
It WAS missing Cameron and Sloane, but it still made me smile. Would have been even funnier if he'd made reference to Abe Froman.

JvB

I agree, would have been even better with them along for the ride.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Van Dom

Very well done I thought. Lots of references to catch, didn't see them all on first viewing. Definately could have done with Alan Ruck but seemingly he's not a big fan of the Cameron character as it typecast him for years and messed up his career, so that was probably never going to happen.

Mia Sara though.....where is she? Literally, where is she?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

NSFTM

another part of my youth sodomised to sell something..

yoda selling me phones
darth selling me electricals
Ferris selling me cars

the goonies selling me sat navs(not true but it would be a good tie in)
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Modern Panther

Funny, but made me feel old to see Ferris looking like Ian Beale. Loved the museum, where Broderick's soul was slowly crushed by the realisation that even though he has his own car now, he'll never be the walrus.

W. R. Logan

To make amends for watching the advert I dusted off the DVD and watched young Ferris last night

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 01 February, 2012, 08:52:38 AMTo make amends for watching the advert I dusted off the DVD and watched young Ferris last night

Don't forget to update your registration, Jeffrey.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Devons Daddy

I am ok with these things,
that made me smile, yes its without doubt only aimed at our demographic. non the less its still done in good spirit.

so when is B.A going to use the plot of TOPGUN?  :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!