Main Menu

Recent posts

General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 06:59:51 PM
Quote from: broodblik on Today at 06:36:20 PMIntestinauts return in 2000 AD Prog 2382, out 15th May!

[Like button]
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by broodblik - Today at 06:36:20 PM
Intestinauts return in 2000 AD Prog 2382, out 15th May!

Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on Today at 06:11:20 PMDestroyer of Twirls, surely?

Feel free to argue with them if you want, but they have no appreciation of puns - just Jammie Dodgers.
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 06:15:40 PM
Quote from: Vector14 on 22 March, 2024, 04:45:16 PMAre there any other characters that don't age (or get younger) in Dredd? Hershey was allowed to age. PJ Maybe didn't stay a kid forever.

Captain Kidd from Robo-Hunter got radically younger while Sam only got significantly younger, does that count?

Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 06:11:20 PM

Destroyer of Twirls, surely?

Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 05:15:51 PM
Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Jammie Dodgers.
Prog / Re: Prog 2380 - By Steed and S...
Last post by Woolly - Today at 04:33:29 PM
Only read Dredd so far, and I'm absolutely loving it!

Rob Williams has (for me) really nailed writing Dredd since the whole 'Titan/Enceladus/gettin'-a-bit-cold-innit' stuff. For him to follow up 'A Better World' with Dredd facing off Mega-Shako (Shaknado?) is inspired!

And just how good is RM Guera shaping up to be a Dredd artist! Brilliant brushwork, and a perfect understanding of the man under the uniform. As important a new Dredd artist as Dan Cornwell. Keep feeding them scripts Tharg!

Finally Giulia Brusco's colours. Perfect to a degree that I'm not really smart enough to explain. I just really like them, they compliment the linework perfectly.

(Annie Parkhouse should get a mention too, now I think about it. I always find it a bit weird that the best lettering always goes completely unnoticed. As it should, I guess!)
Prog / Re: Prog 2380 - By Steed and S...
Last post by Woolly - Today at 04:07:27 PM
Brilliant as all those alternative covers are, I think Tharg made the right choice.
Aquila on horseback just looks all the more powerful and intriguing.

Either way, it's John McCrea. Absolute win regardless!
Last post by JohnW - Today at 03:39:23 PM
A voice spake from the thunder and asked if I was finishing those crisps.
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 01:57:16 PM
What about a pyramid of white chocolate skulls for old Tengri?