Main Menu

A Hello

Started by spuzzwick, 16 January, 2020, 06:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuzzwick

The past year, European comics saved my life. Well, that's a bit dranatuc. But more specifically the UK's greatest export, 2000 AD kept me highly inspired and entertained during a rough time. Figured I'd check out the forums and discuss.

I'm from Arizona in the US and last year was my first time reading 2000 AD. My favorite 2000 AD artist is Kevin O'Neill (though I have many others).

I draw stuff and that can be seen here: https://www.instagram.com/nickprolart/
I also lead a band called "Nick Prol & The Proletarians": https://proletarians.bandcamp.com

That's me pretty much.

Credo!

P.S. May I be allowed to edit my profile, por favor? I'd prefer not to be avatar-less. Thanks

Colin YNWA

Well that's quite the introduction. Glad to hear you've found solice in the Galaxy's Greatest and hope you are in a better place now.

What was your in to 2000ad and what stories struck you?

Welcome aboard, have fun.

Bolt-01

maryanddavid

Trooper McFad

Welcome and have fun exploring the Galaxy of stories almost wish I could do it again (oops I do many times reread and they still entertain)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rately

Hello, and welcome!

Kev O'Neill is ace.

Proudhuff

come on in, the waters loverly this time of year, and this board is a haven of peace in a weary world.Enjoy!
DDT did a job on me

karlos

Good to hear you are still around.

Welcome!

Dandontdare

Good to meet ya!

Great to see the prog getting more US readers - from your love of Mr O'Neil I'm guessing you've been reading some classic thrills rather than current stuff - curious to know what your faves are.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Welcome to 2000AD and the board, always room for more Squaxx (that reference may go over your head if your exposure to the galaxy's greatest comic is via collected editions!)

spuzzwick

Thanks for the warm welcome! And I meant to say "dramatic" in that OP lol. And it didn't literally save my life but I guess, rather, my sanity.

So far I've read the first Dredd omnibus book, all of Ro-Busters, All of ABC Warriors up til Black Hole, All of Nemesis, First collected Slaine book.

So mostly Pat Mills. Also read Marshal Law and am currently reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (possibly my fav comic ever) though I know those are both more 2000 AD-adjacent than actually 2000AD.

And how do I change my avatar and/or edit my profile in any way? Haha

Dandontdare

Quote from: spuzzwick on 16 January, 2020, 06:51:21 PM

Once the mods decide you're a real human and not some spambot, you'll be upgraded to full member and will be able to add a pic and post in a couple of currently locked threads.

spuzzwick

Well I liked Ro-busters and ABC Warriors but I am alas, not a bot. How long does it take a mod to do so?

Mods? *waves*

sheridan

Quote from: spuzzwick on 16 January, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I meant to say "dramatic" in that OP lol. And it didn't literally save my life but I guess, rather, my sanity.

So far I've read the first Dredd omnibus book, all of Ro-Busters, All of ABC Warriors up til Black Hole, All of Nemesis, First collected Slaine book.

So mostly Pat Mills. Also read Marshal Law and am currently reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (possibly my fav comic ever) though I know those are both more 2000 AD-adjacent than actually 2000AD.

Great selection - you're pretty entrenched in the Millsverse then!  It won't be easy to find, but another Mills and O'Neill creation is Metalzoic - ran in 2000AD in black and white around the 400s and was published as a colour graphic novel in the USA by DC Comics.