Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: paddykafka on 29 April, 2021, 08:35:38 PM
...checking that the oranges were de-pipped...

Typical pip-focused bias that sidelines pip-free oranges!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 30 April, 2021, 05:41:39 PM
Nae worries, Tiplodocus and thanks, Jayzus, for stepping in on my defence.

I know how easily it can happen for comments or posts to be misinterpreted. And I've learned from bitter experience - to the point of near paranoia - to be VERY careful about what I say, how I say it, and to try my best to ensure, where possible that my words / phrasing do not cause offence. (Maybe we need someone out there to create an "I'm Really Not Being Serious" emoji, lol.)

As to the scrotes that committed the vandalism, in an ideal world, Slaine would have stepped out fully-formed from the walls, given the vandals an object lesson in ancient retribution, and he wouldn't have thought them too many.

No bother. I may not have met you in reality but I know by now you're no Male Online.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Though now I think of it, given the size of Dublin, I probably have met you and didn't know it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

milstar

From very recently, The Simpsons joke on Morrissey.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 April, 2021, 07:05:56 PM
Though now I think of it, given the size of Dublin, I probably have met you and didn't know it.

Ironically enough, apropos your previous post, I'm currently being targeted on a daily basis by Daily Mail notifications. Honestly, you click on one funny cute dog post and the feckers think that they have you for life.

sheridan

Quote from: paddykafka on 01 May, 2021, 05:53:29 PM
Ironically enough, apropos your previous post, I'm currently being targeted on a daily basis by Daily Mail notifications. Honestly, you click on one funny cute dog post and the feckers think that they have you for life.

This is what I get if I accidentally click on a link to the Daily Heil.

paddykafka

Hell, Sheridan, I would take cute kitten photos any day. All I'm getting is celebrity gossip and similar low-grade, brain numbing nonsense. Quick Hivemind query: How do I block that shite?

sheridan

Quote from: paddykafka on 01 May, 2021, 07:08:18 PM
Hell, Sheridan, I would take cute kitten photos any day. All I'm getting is celebrity gossip and similar low-grade, brain numbing nonsense. Quick Hivemind query: How do I block that shite?
If you're on firefox or chrome then install the addons/extensions linked in that page - near the bottom where it says "You may also like Kitten Block (Firefox / Chrome) and Make America Kittens Again (Firefox / Chrome)."

paddykafka

"Make America Kittens Again".  :)

As an avid cat fanatic, I would happily relocate to any country that had that as part of its motto, Constitution or National Anthem, lol.

Thanks again and cheers!

milstar

Quote from: paddykafka on 01 May, 2021, 08:37:13 PM

As an avid cat fanatic, I would happily relocate to any country that had that as part of its motto, Constitution or National Anthem, lol.

Thanks again and cheers!

You may want to move to Aoshima, an island that belongs to Japan, also known as Cat's Island.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

sheridan

Quote from: milstar on 01 May, 2021, 10:08:33 PM

Thanks again and cheers!

You may want to move to Aoshima, an island that belongs to Japan, also known as Cat's Island.

Or Tashiorjima, another cat island of Japan.

Or Enoshima, Okishima, Sanagishima, Muzukijima, Manabeshima, Iwaishima, Aijima, Aishima, Genkaishima or Kadarashima?

Piccies of eleven of the twelve cat islands of Japan here.

Of course, some people are allergic to cats (like myself - though I've managed to get that under control by exposure - i.e. living in a house with a cat for seven years).  So how about the rabbit island of Ōkunoshima.  Why yes, that's also a Japanese island, why do you ask?

milstar

Quote from: sheridan on 01 May, 2021, 11:15:09 PM
Quote from: milstar on 01 May, 2021, 10:08:33 PM

Thanks again and cheers!

Or Tashiorjima, another cat island of Japan.

Or Enoshima, Okishima, Sanagishima, Muzukijima, Manabeshima, Iwaishima, Aijima, Aishima, Genkaishima or Kadarashima?

Piccies of eleven of the twelve cat islands of Japan here.

Of course, some people are allergic to cats (like myself - though I've managed to get that under control by exposure - i.e. living in a house with a cat for seven years).  So how about the rabbit island of Ōkunoshima.  Why yes, that's also a Japanese island, why do you ask?

I now learned that Japan is cat's island country.

The Legendary Shark

And their Emperor is Me Ow Ing.

I'll get me kimono...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

paddykafka

I have just heard a fucking Christmas advert broadcast on radio. On the 10th of June. In early fucking Summer. I mean, seriously! WTAF?!!!

It's bad enough being subjected to this kind of shite, from the beginning of September all the way through December, without having it foisted upon one so early in the year.

Whilst I would ordinarily be generally opposed to violence, in this instance, I believe that a demise akin to that of William Wallace would be richly deserved by all involved in such an obscenity.

Needless to say, I shall not be listening to that station again for the next month or so, until hopefully the ad in question has run it's course or been removed.