Main Menu

Round 2: 8 - Alan Grant or Alan Moore - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 June, 2020, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sintec

Another really tricky one. On one hand we've got Moore who only contributed a few tales but everyone is an absolute classic. On the other is Grant who helped create many of the comics classic characters. I think I've got to give it to Grant - might have been a different story if the bearded one had hung around for a few more years and completed Halo Jones.

Colin YNWA

Last contest of the round and possibly the hardest to decide. If you are still struggling to decide make a call and vote by the end of the day as I'll be counting this one up first thing in the morning.

maryanddavid

Relatively easy for me, the best 2000 AD strip is Strontium Dog. Alan Grant gets the vote.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but feel free to add votes and comments but the call is made.

Wow this one was closer than I'd realised. I've checked and double checked and yep each time the result is the same. If I'd have been voting it would have been a tie, or if just one other person has voted for Alan Grant I'd have the casting vote and as I've said elsewhere in this thread I'd have gone Grant. As it is one of my favourite discussions and at the end of it by the slimmest of margins, and due to some frankly stunningly good thrills this one does to The Wizard of Northampton

Alan Moore

Quarter Finals start in the morning. Join us here... or in the appropriate thread at least if you join us here I'll miss your vote and that'd be a shame!

broodblik

This was a difficult round since both Alans are worthy winners
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 June, 2020, 07:34:08 AM
Noooo. I forgot to vote. And it would've been Grant.

NOOOOOO - COSH WHHHHHYYYYYYYY, WHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm going to start every bump I do with 24 hours to go with

"Don't be I, Cosh...'

IndigoPrime

Well, I did my bit by switching my vote a while back, using cunning admin powers. But even that wasn't enough, it seems.