Main Menu

Round 2: 6 - Kek-W or Pete Milligan - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 June, 2020, 06:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Milligan. The Dead was moving, original, weird and just incredibly good.

JayzusB.Christ

I love Kek's stuff.  Deadworld is amazing, and the one about the future sport was classic British comics at their finest.

But... Bad Company.  Sooner or Later.  Shadows.  Tribal Memories.  Milligan was treating me like a grown-up long before I was one.  I loved Hewligan and Hap Hazzard too, and The Dead.  (Also, I don't  know what he's writing for DC these days, but his mind-blowing Shade the Changing Man was my introduction to Vertigo, or the DC Mature Readers line as it was then.)

Kekky, I love you, but this time it's got to be Pete.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

On one hand, Milligan is responsible for the glorious, dark and literate early series of Bad Company. On the other hand, he's responsible for the bloody awful later series of Bad Company, too.

I'm giving this to Kek-W, on the basis that I'd be more excited to see his name in the prog these days.
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Fodder v Bad Company for me and the sainted one takes it for Kek-W.

Rogue Judge

maryanddavid

Pete Milligan, just scrapes the vote, Kek W really is one of he good writer of the last five years.

sintec

Colin YNWA

I thought I knew where this one is going, but a quick eye scan shows there is a lot of love, very much deserved, for both this fantastic writers, so I'm not so sure which way this one is going. If you want ypur vote to help determine that get it in today as I'll count up in the morning.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but feel free to add votes and comments but the call is made.

Funny how an eye scan can fool you. There is indeed a great deal of love for Kek-W's wonderful work. Simply put I'd suggest he's writing the best thrill in this weeks Prog and has a some of the most exciting and innovative writing in the modern comic. That said he's come up against a comics giant who was at the vanguard of the second wave and even when going to the US has always come back from time to time to remind us how good he is. So making over 66% of the vote this see

Pete Milligan

Into the Quarters