Main Menu

3rd place play off - Ian Edginton or Alan Moore - UNWT

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 June, 2020, 06:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Ian's stuff is outstanding, but Alan's was era-defining.

Moore it is.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rogue Judge

Alan Moore. Both great, but I prefer Alan just a bit....More.

Daveycandlish

I do enjoy Moore's early 80's work but The Red Seas is the clincher in this tie.
Edginton edges it.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Tomwe

Richard

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tomwe on 27 June, 2020, 09:53:45 AM
Moore

Quote from: Richard on 27 June, 2020, 01:33:03 PM
Moore.

Moore. How do you like it, how do you like it.

(That's not a vote; I've already voted. I just couldn't resist.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Ian gets it, one of the main writers of the last twenty years, Alan might have written my favourite thing ever in the Prog, his Time Twisters were just great, where Ian get it is Leviathon, Red Seas,  Scarlet Traces and the early Stickleback.

Funt Solo

I love the yarns that Edginton crafts. Unfortunately, there's a sense of them often left hanging and incomplete.

Moore's tales have endings (even the separate books of Halo Jones).

So, my vote goes to Dirty Frank.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

Last call here - get your votes in as I'll be counting the votes tomorrow morning first thing and will annouce the result.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

BPP

Ian.

The irony of people mentioning Ian leaving stories unfinished when we never got book IV of YOU KNOW WHAT.....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

paddykafka

But at least we still can enjoy the sheer artistry of the first three books?

(I) YOU KNOW WHO?

(II) YOU KNOW WHY?

and who can forget those last emotional frames of

(III) YOU KNOW WHERE ?

sintec

Moore gave us some unforgettable entries in the progs history but Edginton just keeps pumping out magical worlds  - I'm going to have to go Edginton