Main Menu

D’Israeli or Ian Gibson - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 May, 2021, 06:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So this one cloases in the morning so this is your last chance to get your votes in and as such about time I chipped in.

Ian Gibson has provide some stunning work over the years. He's been given some astonishingly good strips to draw and served them so well. HIs work on Halo Jones is sublime. The problem is he has been inconsistent and when he doesn't seem as engaged with a strip the quality drops. D'Israeli on the other hand is a consistent delight. His idiosyncratic style so welcoming and working in ways and strips you might not otjherwise expect it to. Just brilliant.

So while I can't ignore those glorious robots I have to go:

D'Israeli 3 : Ian Gibson 2

sintec

D'Israeli 4 - Gibson 1

Love the way D'Israeli gives each of his strips a unique flavour.

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

When looking at the draw I was able to map out a route to victory for Current Team, it was going to be tough, they had to win far more ties that looked close and were hard to call than Classic and they certainly had to win the ties in whihc they were favourite. So as this tie went on and it was very nip and tuck it got very interesting. At the end of the second day however Ian Gibson suddenly took a big lead and while D'Israeli closed that a little on the final holes it never got close again and in the end the early joy for Current Team has been damped and the scale of the challenge they face is revealed.

In a shock result Current Artist tourney finalist loses the tie to first round loser from the Classic Team - the mood in the Current Team camp is as low as the Labour Party in Hartlepool!

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 1

Current Team 117 : Classic Team 108

Sean SD

Sean SD

rogue69