Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 21 June, 2012, 05:33:23 PM

And, Skateboarding still exists.... :o

Oooh, there's a story about that ramp..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

strontium71

It was Urban's stunt man?
...because I hate you.

Mudcrab

Quote from: blackmocco on 21 June, 2012, 06:24:45 PM
Entertainment Weekly's got it up and running. This is good. New still too.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/21/dredd-trailer/

Nice pic! Decent article too. The Raid comparison is there, but let's face it, The Raid is set in some flats, this is a huge mutherfuckin' Mega-City 1 BLOCK!

Also, the gunfire across the centre of the block reminds me very much of Block Mania. Can't stop watching it  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

radiator

Just spotted this - is it new?

Stu101

So guys, where should I head to watch this trailer in good resolution? My monitor isn't that good, but I do have a PS3 if it can be watched through that.

Thanks

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Michaelvk on 21 June, 2012, 06:31:08 PM
Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 21 June, 2012, 05:33:23 PM

And, Skateboarding still exists.... :o

Oooh, there's a story about that ramp..

Is that `Tom Frame` block in the background,on the right?

radiator

QuoteIs that `Tom Frame` block in the background,on the right?

Yes. Tom Frame gets an actual namecheck in the movie too - or at least he does in the leaked draft of the script.

chuffsteruk

Hoagy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkfRPIVCThk

Sorry. This is me being a little indulgent but never, had I thought it would ever be possible that 2 loves would ever have the technical capability to be publicly expressed together. Yet, here I still am and here to will play.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Psidude

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D made up trailer is spot on now thats a mother f**king dredd so happy

PreacherCain

Nice trailer, looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

Two minor niggles with the trailer: 1) the awful intro music. Whose idea was that?
2) "Judgement time!" ... really? How cheesy are they planning to make this exactly?

Rest of it looks cool though. It's nice that there's an in-story reason for the slo-mo, tough hopefully it won't come across as sub-Zack Snyder (and you can't get much more sub than Zack Snyder). Not sure if there's going to be much in the way of Wagner's dark humour and satire in here but for now a kick-ass action movie will do!

Diminished Responsibility

Rufus K on Screenrant:

QuoteI have seen a sneak preview of this film and rest assured it is INCREDIBLE. The violence is grisly and absurd, the 'slo-mo' effects are not overused but ARE gorgeous and truly astonishing to see in native 3D (not post-converted). Urban's DREDD is likeable but stoic, and the action set pieces do not disappoint. Forget about trying to figure out how much this movie has in common with Stallone's film (answer: nothing... like comparing Adam West's Batman to Nolan's), or trying to decipher the script's quality from this brief trailer. Just go see it and grin the entire time.

Genuine first review?
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

radiator

I like the sound of that review!

Diminished Responsibility

I should probably point out that that was from the comments, not an article. In case it looked like an official statement. My bad, and apologies if I gave that impression.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

SuperSurfer

Quote from: radiator on 21 June, 2012, 07:01:32 PM
QuoteIs that `Tom Frame` block in the background,on the right?
Yes. Tom Frame gets an actual namecheck in the movie too - or at least he does in the leaked draft of the script.
Jeez. So many of these Easter eggs in just a few mins of trailer and a few stills. I think it's fair to expect that the film will be loaded with them. This suggests to me that the film will have been put together with a very, very close eye on the source material and (dare I say it, what the fans will get).