Main Menu

New member, want to talk Dredd 2012...

Started by HunterZolomon, 10 May, 2012, 01:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterZolomon

Hi all. New member, old school Dredd fan. Stockholm, Sweden.

I actually joined because of the upcoming film, I thought this would be the place to discuss it. However, for some reason I don't have permission to post in the Film section. Why?

Edit: And apparently I have to verify some letter code to even post here. What is this forum? Mega City Justice Department lol?

COMMANDO FORCES

Hi HunterZolomon, glad you found the forum and luckily for you we have a few threads on the upcoming film.
Now, about not being able to post there yet. This was put in place to stop spammers ruining the forum and you have to post about 10 times before you can visit all threads. Once you have done this and start reading the actual threads you will see some of the reasons on the there. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Had you heard of Dredd before, apart from the Stallone debacle?
Also have you read any issues of 2000 AD, as at this very moment Dredd's world is being turned upside-down and it is great.
Look forward to your thoughts on the film  ;)

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun.

Alas you won't see me around the movie boards much as I'm trying to remain spoiler free for the movie (incredibly tricky it has to be said but anyway). Thought I'd say hi though as judging by your name I'm guessing you're quite the Flash fan as well, much like myself.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 May, 2012, 02:36:26 AM
Hi HunterZolomon, glad you found the forum and luckily for you we have a few threads on the upcoming film.
Now, about not being able to post there yet. This was put in place to stop spammers ruining the forum and you have to post about 10 times before you can visit all threads. Once you have done this and start reading the actual threads you will see some of the reasons on the there. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Had you heard of Dredd before, apart from the Stallone debacle?
Also have you read any issues of 2000 AD, as at this very moment Dredd's world is being turned upside-down and it is great.
Look forward to your thoughts on the film  ;)

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Not much a fan of the Stallone film. But I love the original, early Dredd comics. I still read 2000AD on occasion, not up to date, I tend to get the complete collections instead. But I'll have a look now that you mention it.

Colin: Thanks! I am indeed a Flash fan and I love the Reverse Flash, I even wear a Prof. Zoom t-shirt on occasion :D

nuffsaid

Welcome :)

I am a fan from Göteborg recently a member me too.

Psidude

HunterZolomon

Thank you, thank you!  :)

Seems like I can't find access to my own profile either. Is that also something you can access after 10 posts?

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mr.Fastrope

Roger Godpleton

You have to pay the toll to talk about DR3DD. The toll is also talking about Fassbender's Wang.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

HunterZolomon

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 10 May, 2012, 02:35:24 PM
You have to pay the toll to talk about DR3DD. The toll is also talking about Fassbender's Wang.

Fassbender's Wang? Googled it, thanks for that late afternoon gem. No emote does my current state justice.

Dandontdare

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 11:18:01 AM
Thank you, thank you!  :)

Seems like I can't find access to my own profile either. Is that also something you can access after 10 posts?

Yes I think you need to be fully activated before you can edit your profile. Just post in a few threads and once the mods are sure that you're not an automated spambot or a dearnged lunatic*, you'll get full acess and won't have to type the verificatioon code any more.

You wouldn't beleive the volume of spam and trolls that suddenly appeared when the film was announced!  ::)

* well any more of a dernaged lunatic than Roger.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 May, 2012, 03:46:15 PM
Yes I think you need to be fully activated before you can edit your profile. Just post in a few threads and once the mods are sure that you're not an automated spambot or a dearnged lunatic*, you'll get full acess and won't have to type the verificatioon code any more.

You wouldn't beleive the volume of spam and trolls that suddenly appeared when the film was announced!  ::)

* well any more of a dernaged lunatic than Roger.

I can imagine lots of people registering because of the film, I did. But trolling/spam? Wonder why... In any case I've never seen such strict anti-spam precautions on similar forums before.

Also, the deranged lunatic hurdle could be a tough one in my case. I'll try to act normal for a few more posts.

Emperor

DDD is pretty much spot on, see this thread:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35871.0.html

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 04:03:00 PMI've never seen such strict anti-spam precautions on similar forums before.

We have a better class of deranged lunatic than most, but as DDD points out we did allow Roger in (apart from his occasional visits to the naughty step) so the bar is set pretty low (or high is we are using a limbo dancing analogy).

I will look into the verification code business, as that sounds like a pain.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

Quote from: Emperor on 10 May, 2012, 05:22:35 PM
DDD is pretty much spot on, see this thread:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35871.0.html

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 04:03:00 PMI've never seen such strict anti-spam precautions on similar forums before.

We have a better class of deranged lunatic than most, but as DDD points out we did allow Roger in (apart from his occasional visits to the naughty step) so the bar is set pretty low (or high is we are using a limbo dancing analogy).

I will look into the verification code business, as that sounds like a pain.

RESIGN AND BE REPLACED BY ROGER.