Quote from: Beeks on 20 June, 2012, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 20 June, 2012, 09:54:14 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 June, 2012, 09:50:27 AM

Lawmaster gattlings.

Nope..

Nope.. Gun was right. Setting wrong.
Looks like exhaust pipes to me

Was looking at the second picture...then I realise they were bullet shells  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

HunterZolomon

Come on minus, sure you can criticize constructively here. I have my reservations about certain aspects of the film too, but throwing a fit because someone disagrees with you? Pull yourself together now, don't get in a state.

Psidude

my grud i never thought this day would  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: exilewood on 20 June, 2012, 03:31:35 AMI have a feeling that he might be an American, which at least goes some way of explaining, if not excusing it.
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 20 June, 2012, 03:34:18 AMRight back at ya, and I'm not American...
Quote from: exilewood on 20 June, 2012, 03:59:43 AM
Yes. Sorry Joe, you are quite right.
But, Beaky, as you ask,  yes you have offended me, several times. And on such a criminal level that you make me want to puke. Now I'm done & I sincerely hope you are too. Dude
Somebody offended you exilewood? Well, any American in this thread such as myself is offended by your cliche ignorant idiocy. So fuck you too.  ;)

PsychoGoatee

I know you later apologized and said you were just joking. But like any other bigoted joke, especially when used to insult somebody you genuinely have a problem with, it's not cool.

Anyways, hell yes that little slice of the trailer was excellent.

radiator

QuoteIt's the way it's been visually portrayed which I have problems with. I really don't like those vehicles, the new uniform, or the near future city-scape

So tired of people whinging about the near future setting, weapons and vehicles.

To realise the comic on screen would cost a fortune, and no one is going to finance a $150m Dredd movie - it's as simple as that. It's a compromise or no film at all. It is what it is. Get it through your head.

Of course you could say you'd rather have no film at all. Fine. But stop bloody whinging - at least until you've actually seen the damn thing.

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well I like the Teaser Trailer and you can hear Karl Urbans  DREDD voice so that's a plus. No sign of Olivia Thurby's Anderson but I'm sure we'll see her in the full Trailer. Looks pretty explosive the mini gun's spent cases piling up Manga style on the floor, the perps/citizens being blasted through the air and some Slo Mo action for the 3D fan clubbers. Very fast editing you hardly breathe and something else is blowing up or firing. The Lawgiver gun got a little bit of action too.

All those months of labour by the Films crew certainly appears to have hit the mark IMO. Let's hope their hard work is appreciated  by the Cinema going public.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Beeks

Quote from: radiator on 20 June, 2012, 10:21:01 AM
QuoteIt's the way it's been visually portrayed which I have problems with. I really don't like those vehicles, the new uniform, or the near future city-scape

So tired of people whinging about the near future setting, weapons and vehicles.

To realise the comic on screen would cost a fortune, and no one is going to finance a $150m Dredd movie - it's as simple as that. It's a compromise or no film at all. It is what it is. Get it through your head.

Of course you could say you'd rather have no film at all. Fine. But stop bloody whinging - at least until you've actually seen the damn thing.

Bravo...I don't understand any Dredd fan bitching about it with the limited shots/footage we have seen noone can make a judgement (pardon the pun) whether it's positive or negative just yet!

Maybe we will have a better understanding when the trailer comes out tomorrow on the feel of the film

Until then

I'm just glad it's been made
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

chuffsteruk

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 20 June, 2012, 10:22:53 AM

Well I like the Teaser Trailer and you can hear Karl Urbans  DREDD voice so that's a plus. No sign of Olivia Thurby's Anderson but I'm sure we'll see her in the full Trailer. Looks pretty explosive the mini gun's spent cases piling up Manga style on the floor, the perps/citizens being blasted through the air and some Slo Mo action for the 3D fan clubbers. Very fast editing you hardly breathe and something else is blowing up or firing. The Lawgiver gun got a little bit of action too.

All those months of labour by the Films crew certainly appears to have hit the mark IMO. Let's hope their hard work is appreciated  by the Cinema going public.

Pause it on 5 seconds-Anderson's there!

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 20 June, 2012, 10:22:53 AMLooks pretty explosive the mini gun's spent cases piling up Manga style on the floor

Which manga? Gunsmith Cats and Black Lagoon and I guess Hellsing are the only gun heavy manga titles that come to mind for me, ha I don't remember piles of casings being a manga specific kind of style. Maybe more John Woo style? Well he's more about dropping clips stylishly I guess. :D

James Stacey

likewise. It's not the vision I had for the movie but it is looking good for what it is. Give it 5 years and when the 'Dredd' movie trilogy is done, they will reboot it more like the comic with a bigger budget.

Michaelvk

Quote from: radiator on 20 June, 2012, 10:21:01 AM
To realise the comic on screen would cost a fortune, and no one is going to finance a $150m Dredd movie -

We all know how well that worked out last time..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: James Stacey on 20 June, 2012, 10:27:06 AM
likewise. It's not the vision I had for the movie but it is looking good for what it is. Give it 5 years and when the 'Dredd' movie trilogy is done, they will reboot it more like the comic with a bigger budget.

That's some epic wishful thinking, only stuff like Spider-Man or Batman can get a rebooted series right after a previous one. That said, I'd be very happy if we do get a trilogy, that's also optimistic. Hell, if we just get one sequel (preferably with JD and the Dark Judges) I'll be a happy man.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 20 June, 2012, 10:25:52 AM
Pause it on 5 seconds-Anderson's there!

Oh yeah. Blink and you'll miss her. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla